Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 chalon on it's way to the Netherlands!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
timecop369
After one day of posting on this website... SOLD my '74 Porsche 914 2.0L chalon to a nice fellow in the Netherlands...

And yes, I was really skeptical w/ an oversees sale... I wouldn't release the car until the funds were in the bank! No cashier's check (too many scams). After 2 months of e-mails, chats, coordinating funds, shipping, Brad's help... she's off... she's probably going through the Panama canal right now, waiting for Hurricane Ivan to pass through.
timecop369
Another pic...
Jeroen
Good to hear that you worked it out
I spoke to the guy about a month ago

Nice looking car!
Verruckt
Just curious, what did shipping cost this guy from CA to the Netherlands?? ohmy.gif
Jeroen
It's a shit load cheaper than fixing crappy rusted euro cars biggrin.gif
hannuz
Hi,

Shame on me for holding my replies for so long, but here they are, and nope, she aint here as yet. That will prolly take another 4 to 6 weeks. Next thing road approval, insurance, lisence plate etc. etc. Guess it will be X-mas by than, LOL. But I'll keep you guys posted.

Neways, for those interested, Jeroen is right. It sure is a lot more interesting to ship a tub over than to restore one from over here. Does that mean I'm going to take it apart? Hell no, it is most likely the only Chalon around in the Netherlands, if not Europe. Anyone else know better, please lemme know!!

As for the deal, both TC and I took it easy, and eventually made it all the way, both of us comfortable with the situation at anytime. In fact, due to this forum I had it even checked out at Brad's. Thanks Brad, it was a pleasure to deal with you, albeit by phone and e-mail.

As for those interested shipping. That is the crime part. I was lucky to have a lot of help. Both local, as well as in LA, and of course TC. Without having these guys around up front I would never have gone ahead. As for the shipping costs involved, the estimated total is about $ 2000. And nope, that won't even buy me a shitty tub over here.

Cheers,
Marc
Jacco
Hi Marc,

Nice christmas gift smilie_pokal.gif Maybe I'll spot you driving around some day!

greets
Jacco de Haan
Delft
mudfoot76
(Sorry to Hijack)

To the Nederlanders -- do any of you live in/near Zeist? I used to live there, and would see a red 914 driving around. My flat was on Ln van Vollenhove, and I could never pedal fast enough on mijn fiets to catch wink.gif
Jeroen
Hey Marc,

About time you showed up here biggrin.gif
Don't forget to post pics when your Chalon arrives!!!

Geoff, I don't think any of us live near Zeist (I know Jacco and I don't, not sure about Marc, IIRC he's from the south-east)
Bleysengs family lives near there though...

Cheers,

Jeroen
neo914-6
TC,
Dam, I never saw your car! Remember me? I told you about the club in early '03. Glad it worked out for you.
Felix
hannuz
Jacco, I'm sure it I'll be a great X-mas gift. May be we'll meet some time, but you prolly have to catch me driving around in the South-West and South (A67 area, A73, A2). Best chance, German highways thou (61/44/41/42). I kinda like to get her going as fast as she can (my current 1.7L, 1970). Guess the Chalon will see the same thing happening at some point.

Jeroen, sure I'll post pics when she arrives. Hope I'll show up here in the mean time as well laugh.gif

Geoff, I live near Eindhoven and before that Enschede, so little chance. More relevant, I used to drive only MG-B's till two years ago. Yet, you might have scratched one of those. Just lemme know so I can send you the bill rather late than never happy11.gif

Cheers,
Marc
mudfoot76
QUOTE(hannuz @ Oct 6 2004, 03:10 PM)
More relevant, I used to drive only MG-B's till two years ago. Yet, you might have scratched one of those. Just lemme know so I can send you the bill rather late than never happy11.gif

Sorry, but I never saw an MG-B while I was over there. There was this old Fiat 500 I would see every once in awhile, and someone with a gold 928 lived not too far from my flat...

I did have a chance to go out to Zandvoort one weekend and saw some club racing. Old Ferraris and Abarth Fiats. Pretty neat cars that I'd never ever seen in the States.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.