Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 engine mounts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
naro914
I have one of these on each of my 914/6's, Similar to the Patrick Motorsports mount, but with a slightly better design, and cheaper.

The welder that puts these together is a chassis builder and Master Welder for a Nascar team, so the quality is without question. He also did all the suspension welding work on my race car, installing the Tangerine Racing Raised pick up points kit.

Price is $375 plus shipping.

the part that mounts to the engine itself is powdercoated Black, the ends that weld to the bulkhead are bare so they can be painted uniformly once on the car.

PM or Email me at bob@naroescapemotorsports.com for questions.

Pictures:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
scrz914
Are these considered to be solid mounts. Where are the rubber dampeners and are they readily available?
Great looking mounts... but I have a quick question. Will the 993 lower pulley 'clear' the mount- is it large enough for it?
sixaddict
Once you install one of these and remove/reinstall your engine you will wonder why you ever suffered through the other. Truly makes it a one man job if you have the jack plate adapter to balance the engine.
naro914
QUOTE(scrz914 @ Mar 9 2012, 10:25 PM) *

Are these considered to be solid mounts. Where are the rubber dampeners and are they readily available?

I'm going to say yes, kinda...The bushings are made out of Delran which is a very hard plastic like material and do not offer much dampening.

We have this mount on our street car Huey, and yes, I do notice a small amount more vibration and noise in the cockpit. But there is also a sense of immediate responsiveness we felt too - no more twisting on the rubber mounts.
naro914
QUOTE(396 @ Mar 10 2012, 12:52 AM) *

Great looking mounts... but I have a quick question. Will the 993 lower pulley 'clear' the mount- is it large enough for it?

Hmmm...can you tell me the diameter of the pulley? I don't see why it wouldn't, Papa Smurf has a larger pully on it than normal (though, what exactly normal is for a 3.4, 330 hp engine is I don't know) and it clears fine.

To sixaddicts post - yes, both shops that have worked on my cars since we've put on this mount LOVE how easy it is now...
naro914
I've gotten a few PM's asking to see the cars this is on:
For those that don't know -

Papa Smurf
3.4 liter, 330 hp GT3R class club racer:

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Huey
3.2 liter stock, fun, autocross, street, tours, etc. driver - and Targa Newfoundland veteran:

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(naro914 @ Mar 10 2012, 05:45 AM) *

QUOTE(396 @ Mar 10 2012, 12:52 AM) *

Hmmm...can you tell me the diameter of the pulley? I don't see why it wouldn't, Papa Smurf has a larger pully on it than normal (though, what exactly normal is for a 3.4, 330 hp engine is I don't know) and it clears fine.

To sixaddicts post - yes, both shops that have worked on my cars since we've put on this mount LOVE how easy it is now...

Just pulled it off Rothsport web site: 993 145mm stock diameter
naro914
Just an April bump... made to order
brant
that is really nice looking
I have the patrick one and sure do love it

it looks like the price is similar
any chance your guy would do a group buy and drop the price on the group buy?
naro914
Patrick's are $450, so it's already a $75 savings. Not much margin in them as it is with material and labor costs...
Aaron Cox
so whats the advantage over a rich johnson/maddog/factory mount? easier install/removal of engine?
sixaddict
Read back to my earlier post ...I have had the latest Patrick system in two of my sixes and this mirrors it. I have one of these for next project. There is no comparison to the ease of pulling the engine with the other mounts you site. On the pain spectrum, the factory system is hell, and the others are challenges of varying degrees. This one is truly a piece of cake. I change engines alone and it is easy. Nobody needed on top to hold bolts etc. Bob has his "minions" to do that biggrin.gif so he doesnt have to worry. ...All joking aside this is a great mount system.

QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Apr 5 2012, 09:08 AM) *

so whats the advantage over a rich johnson/maddog/factory mount? easier install/removal of engine?
naro914
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Apr 5 2012, 01:49 PM) *

Bob has his "minions" to do that biggrin.gif so he doesnt have to worry.

Ha! I wish....look who's talking!! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.