Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wire Routing for Headlight upgrade
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HarveyH
A couple of months ago I asked about wire sizing for routing new wiring directly from the battery up to the front for 55/100 or 85/100 headlights. I have all my relays and other piece parts pretty much picked out and now that it's starting to get toward spring I'm ready to consider wire routing.

I'd really prefer not to try pulling wire up though the existing harness bundle and out with the existing headlight wires. (Old and not as flexible as I once was....) slits.gif

How have others done this? I thought about under the passenger rocker panel using grommets and lacing. Also thought about through the firewall and into the passenger compartment under the carpeting along the passenger side longitudinal. Any suggestions? Pictures?

Thanks,
Harvey
gothspeed
For some of the extra wires I will be running for the addtional gauges, front fuel pump and audio power wires ........ I was thinking of running 1/2" plastic conduit through the tunnel ............ OR one of those bulkhead connectors??
matthepcat
I run an 8 gauge wire from the battery, through the tunnel to a 6 bay marine fuse panel under the dash. It is nice to have constant 12v clear of factory wiring.

As for headlights, you could run some higher end LED headlights on your factory wiring and be pulling less power through them.

If that is not good enough, put in some high power driving lights.
gothspeed
^^ That is a good idea smile.gif!!! did you seal the wire at the bulkhead?? I have been looking for a sealing method for any extra wires run through the bulk head.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.