Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I've Got Four 914's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
relentless
I haven't been very active out here much, just trying to decide whether to put a 2.0 in my old '72 that currently has a Corvair 6, but I actually have three other 914's. Would you guys like to see what else I have in the garage? Maybe I should start with numba 2 since you have seen my black mamba in my avatar smile.gif

Mark Henry
QUOTE(relentless @ Mar 9 2012, 11:17 PM) *

I haven't been very active out here much, just trying to decide whether to put a 2.0 in my old '72 that currently has a Corvair 6, but I actually have three other 914's. Would you guys like to see what else I have in the garage? Maybe I should start with numba 2 since you have seen my black mamba in my avatar smile.gif

Hello, my name is Relentless and I'm a narpaholic.....

Try joining a 12 jackstand program.

biggrin.gif
VaccaRabite
I'd like more info on the Corvair 914.

Zach
VaccaRabite
By the way, I moved this topic to the garage. More exposure here and its not really off topic. :-)

Zach
JRust
QUOTE(relentless @ Mar 9 2012, 08:17 PM) *

How the hell do I not know you? Where in Oregon are you. Yes post more info & pics of all 4.
KELTY360
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 9 2012, 09:47 PM) *

QUOTE(relentless @ Mar 9 2012, 08:17 PM) *

How the hell do I not know you? Where in Oregon are you. Yes post more info & pics of all 4.

None of those four can be an LE or Jamie would surely have bumped into you somewhere. shades.gif
hot_shoe914
None of those four can be an LE or Jamie would surely have bumped into you somewhere

I have four and oneof them is an LE, does that make me special like Jamie?
poorsche914
You are special in your own way, Donald happy11.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Mar 10 2012, 12:11 AM) *

None of those four can be an LE or Jamie would surely have bumped into you somewhere

I have four and oneof them is an LE, does that make me special like Jamie?

Way special.... And how many are running ?
DEC
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 10 2012, 12:45 AM) *

I'd like more info on the Corvair 914.

Zach

agree.gif
relentless
OK, I did post another picture of my black 914 in the member's section, I believe page 192 or thereabouts. I bought my first 914 back in 1976 and in the spirit of youthful overexuberance modified it way beyond my level of expertise.... sound familiar?

I let my buddy drive the car and he floated the valves in the original 1.7L when he went to pass someone and went from 3rd into 2nd (ouch!). So I had read about Crown Racing making an adaptor to put the Corvair six into a VW/Porsche transaxle and picked up a 140HP non turbo Corvair engine. I managed to turn that $250 engine into a $3000 money pit, back around 1980. You either have to put a reverse rotation cam in the engine or flip the ring gear (I put in the reverse rotation Crower cam).

I currently live in Cave Junction, OR and keep the cars in my big metal shop.
Mike Bellis
Need more pics... biggrin.gif
relentless
This is my '76 914.
relentless
Another view.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.