Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much is a EA core worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
dakotaewing
I have a full EA core motor complete with heads, engine tin, alternator, flywheel, clutch and pressure plate - no distributor or injection... Any ideas what it's worth...??? Please accept my apologizes if I need to post this in the classifieds... I can post a pic tomorrow, if needed. I just want to get this out of my garage reasonably quickly. Figured I would post it on CL for a couple hundred, and put some money in my car account...
Just want to make sure I'm close-
Thanks!
Thom
wingnut86
Post your pics as a minimum. You'll be ignored otherwise.

Take real compression numbers for each cylinder and post as well. Measure your pressure plate depth if possible to help folks decide whether it needs or can survive another turn down.
Mikey914
Also, 3 or 4 stud heads, will give you an idea if it's a 2.0 or not. Pics help A LOT.
Dave_Darling
EA code would be a 1.7 engine.

Value depends on what is on it, what kind of shape it seems like it's in, and how badly you want it gone.

I'll guess at the $150-$500 range.

--DD
larryM
that's also a high compression motor - maybe won't run well on currently sold pump gas

basically it's a boat anchor except to somebody who is anal about originality

post in The Samba - some sandbuggy guy might want it

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 10 2012, 11:29 AM) *

EA code would be a 1.7 engine.

Value depends on what is on it, what kind of shape it seems like it's in, and how badly you want it gone.

I'll guess at the $150-$500 range.

--DD
reharvey
The 1.7 and 1.8 stuff is a hard sell. I've got lots of these parts and they're really not in demand. A 1.7 rebuilable core may be worth $150.
brant
I've seen 1.7 motors going for 50-ish
I paid 60 for the last one I bought
its a few hours work just to get them disassembled if someone needs the case....

the case is worth using for most builds
the misc hardware is ok
but the internals are really not valuable.

rhcb914
Last one I had almost had to give away. I think I got $30 for it.

TravisNeff
Is your car done yet? poke.gif
larryM
worth more as parts if you have the patience to do that

shipping cost exceeds value as a complete motor

crank, heads, distributor, some FI parts if ya can g'tee good, etc - throw away the rest

- try the VW bus market via Samba

- we 914 guys already have more such stuff sitting around than we want
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Mar 10 2012, 07:48 PM) *

Is your car done yet? poke.gif

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif
dakotaewing
I want thank everyone who replied for their input -
In regard to my car, as Clay has said many times, I don't have one... biggrin.gif
For those who would think that this is a classified ad, bs.gif I won't post this item for sale in the classifieds just for you-
Pics can be found below, which indicate that the motor has 1.7 /1.8 heads -
I don't have the means for a compression test, and all appearances would indicate again, that this is a CORE engine...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.