Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT For those
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
Don't forget to SPRING AHEAD. Daylight savings time. (Damn farmers) happy11.gif
76-914
That's a good thing for the people that work on their own cars. poke.gif
FlatSix
We still have to wait a fortnight here in the UK before we loose a hour. I can't wait for the longer evenings. In mid-summer it doesn't get dark until nearly 10pm.
zymurgist
QUOTE(FlatSix @ Mar 11 2012, 12:34 PM) *

We still have to wait a fortnight here in the UK before we loose a hour. I can't wait for the longer evenings. In mid-summer it doesn't get dark until nearly 10pm.

agree.gif

I'd rather stay on DST the whole year. You can sleep in and ride until the sun goes down. What's not to like?
FlatSix
There is talk that we in the UK will trial "double summer time" to align ourselves with the european continent. Bring it on!
02loftsmoor
Daylight savings time was a British invention anyway
cwpeden
Yup, 'Spring' ahead. With 2 weeks of winter left.

Why did the US decide to change it and mess with the rest of us again?confused24.gif
Mark Henry
But are we saving time? If we spring ahead are we not gaining time? Fall back are we not losing?
Why do I have to take a dump as soon as I drink my morning coffee? How come daylight savings time has no bearing on that fact?
underthetire
I say just leave it alone, or split the damn hour! I woke up at ten fuching thirty this morning. I was pissed. I didn't realize the clock nazi in my house had already re set the time. Days half gone already...
get off my lawn
When told the reason for daylight saving time

the old Indian said,

“Only the government would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom, and have a longer blanket!”
VaccaRabite
A +1 to the whole "Lets just stay on DST" crowd.

that hour freak'n killed me this morning.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.