Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash face recover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sofi2t81
Hello there

I finished my dash face today. The old one was peeling off the edges specially at the radio and around the steering wheel.

Short work order.

I lowered the AC unit.

I disassembled the lower dash bolster

Removed the steering wheel

Removed instruments and cluster

Click to view attachment

Removed radio and glove box

Removed upper dash pad and switches, cigarette lighter

Loosened the heater control.

Click to view attachment

I removed the dash face and the sheet metal piece from the radio and the love box.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

After sanding and repainting I re-glued a new vinyl with 3M super 77 to the metal pieces. I let the vinyl overlap on the top and bottom and fold it around at the right and left edge.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

After re-gluing it to the dash I started reassembling everything and I replaced the bulbs in the instruments with LED’s. This doesn’t work out with the turn signal and the controls for oil, brake and alternator. (I had to go back to bulbs because they were on constantly)
I painted the instrument sheet metal, the horn ring and the whole dash in satin black. In addition I polished the chrome on the radio, the bezel of the radio and the lower dash.

I’m very pleased with the result. aktion035.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Without the help from the forum it wouldn't be so easy.espacially the classic about removing the dash top was helpfull.

Peter
Krieger
Good work looks very nice!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.