Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "914s don't rust"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
unpolire
A California dealer told me today that they had sold over 90 914s and "...in California these cars don't rust. We don't turn them away because, with the exception of the battery tray and bracket, these cars don't rust." Is he insane?
Dr Evil
Certifiably insane. But, they are a dealer and self interested.
underthetire
I have a ca car, I can show you rust! Not like east coast, but it's still there.
Tom_T
QUOTE(unpolire @ Mar 10 2012, 09:32 PM) *

A California dealer told me today that they had sold over 90 914s and "...in California these cars don't rust. We don't turn them away because, with the exception of the battery tray and bracket, these cars don't rust." Is he insane?

No....just criminally dishonest, but it's a common ailment with the blue seuede shoes crowd! biggrin.gif
bembry
Yep--CA cars rust. Ask McMark--he cut the rust out of mine (hell hole, rear trunk, firewall)
McMark
Yup. Walk away. NOTHING that comes out of his mouth will be completely honest.
URY914
Yes, rust stops at the CA state line.
sixnotfour
By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.
Dr Evil
Even in your own post you answer your question.
"...in California these cars don't rust. We don't turn them away because, with the exception of the battery tray and bracket, these cars don't rust."

"with the exception of"

They either do or do not rust. How would you feel if a girl told you, "I am completely free of sexually transmitted diseases.......with the exception of syphilis, herpes, and some warts"?
IanS
screwy.gif

How many ads do you see, even on this board, with "no rust" in the title, with description and pics pointing out the rust...
It made you look but doesn't exactly start off on the right foot in discussions. Not like you'd assume a salesman or even most private parties weren't lying in the first place to get the car off their hands.

Mark Henry
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 11 2012, 01:34 PM) *

How would you feel if a girl told you, "I am completely free of sexually transmitted diseases.......with the exception of syphilis, herpes, and some warts"?

I don't think I'd be "feeling" at all.... oh and icon8.gif barf.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.