Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fire Extiguisher
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
I bought a Halon unit ~ 16"X4" from NorthStar Motorsports. My car is totally original, I don't want to muck it up much. Where should I mount it?

Where did you mount yours?

Thanks in advance

chatsmiley.gif
SLITS
Wherever in the hell you can get to it quickly, without any interference!
GaroldShaffer
For me being short, 5'7" on a good day, I have enough room for it behind my seat.
Aaron Cox
the only place the fire would be is in the engine bay right? heh.. strap it down behind the seat run some lines thru the firewall with nozzles on the end... a little red button called "FIRE".... oh wait..im dreaming rolleyes.gif
campbellcj
Here's what I did in my previous (street) 914. Amerex 2.5lb Halon in the console between the seats. I simply removed the lid/cushion and it fit like a glove in there. This location is totally accessible to driver or passenger even when belted-in.

IPB Image
campbellcj
I will take more pics next week, but here is what I just installed in my current teener. SPA 4L AFF electric system w/ 4 nozzles and interior & exterior switches. It is a sweet unit but I sure hope I never need to press that red button. unsure.gif
Eric_Ciampa
One of my 914's does not have a center consol and Ihave it monted in the middle area. I always laugh at some peoples reactions to seeing a fire extinguisher in the car. anyways works well and is always out of the way. never kick it or am annoyed by it. but it is in a visible place. just a thought. sorry i have no pitures.
seanery
Engman used to have a nice fire bottle mount for the smallish 2.5 lb size.
You might check with him to see if he still has them.
Aaron Cox
mount it on the a pillars like the ricers :finger2: lol2.gif
d7n7master
Mines mounted laying down on the passenger side attached to the center tunnel as far fwd as possible.
A few curious looks but no complaints.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.