Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone here own the yellow 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
obscurity
Just curious. I noticed it sitting behind a house on Thompson Run Rd in Pittsburgh.
Dr Evil
Dude, you came up to Pbg and didnt say hi? confused24.gif

There are only like 4 of us in the area that are active-ish. None of us have a running car, or one stored visibly that I know of.
Nozzle
Last time I was up at the Hershey PCA meet, there was a yellow '73 2.0 up for judging that looked to be a champion. Absolutely perfect. drooley.gif

Maybe the one you saw..?

On second thought if it was out in public then if probably wasn't... rolleyes.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 11 2012, 01:38 PM) *

There are only like 4 of us in the area that are active-ish. None of us have a running car, or one stored visibly that I know of.

I'll be looking for destinations for the Concours this summer. If Caroline can come out and play, Babydoll would come out too...
nomore9one4
QUOTE(obscurity @ Mar 11 2012, 09:32 AM) *

Just curious. I noticed it sitting behind a house on Thompson Run Rd in Pittsburgh.

I am about a mile from there, although I have never seen it..I'll keep a look out for it next time. As far as I know its not a member here
Tom_T
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 11 2012, 10:38 AM) *

"Pbh"?? WTF.gif

We Pittsburghers say yins, dantan & Stillers & abbreviate PGH....... poke.gif biggrin.gif
obscurity
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 11 2012, 01:38 PM) *

Sorry I was only intown for a day or so and family stuff had me booked solid.

john
obscurity
QUOTE(nomore9one4 @ Mar 11 2012, 05:13 PM) *

QUOTE(obscurity @ Mar 11 2012, 09:32 AM) *

I am about a mile from there, although I have never seen it..I'll keep a look out for it next time. As far as I know its not a member here

It is on the Duncan Manor end of Thompson Run. You can see the car sitting in the back from the road.

John
Spoke
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 12 2012, 03:15 AM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 11 2012, 10:38 AM) *

"Pbh"?? WTF.gif

We Pittsburghers say yins, dantan & Stillers & abbreviate PGH....... poke.gif biggrin.gif

Or, just the 'burgh.
EJP914
Was this car a pale yellow color with maybe Pedrini or Mahle wheels? If so, I looked at this car a bunch of years ago. It was pretty rusted out back then. Can't imagine what it would be like now. Maybe a different one?
By the way, there are some of us in PA that have cars that you can drive.

Ed
Dr Evil
Ed, we all need to arrange a burg get together....although I dont have a running 914.
Woody
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 12 2012, 05:55 PM) *

Ed, we all need to arrange a burg get together....although I dont have a running 914.

I bet the trannys flawless though. poke.gif
obscurity
QUOTE(EJP914 @ Mar 12 2012, 04:04 PM) *

Was this car a pale yellow color with maybe Pedrini or Mahle wheels? If so, I looked at this car a bunch of years ago. It was pretty rusted out back then. Can't imagine what it would be like now. Maybe a different one?
By the way, there are some of us in PA that have cars that you can drive.

Ed

Unfortunately I didn't get a great look at it as we were always going by at 40mph. I did notice that the hood was always at least a little bit open (we drove by it at least three times at different times of day)

If there ever is a get together and I am around (I normally live in Atlanta) I would definitely attend.

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.