Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior de MEXICO!!!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
hey fellas. here are the AFTER shots of my mexican done upholstery by dr. evil. they are SWEET. my dashes are still down there gettin stitched up wink.gif

here are the pics... they were the rattiest seats you'd ever seen! like a dog chewed em up! mike has the before pictures.

here they are!
Aaron Cox
bitchin cloth insert i chose! aktion035.gif
Aaron Cox
nice supple thick vinyl!
Aaron Cox
the hugely padded vinyl/cloth cushion... muey comfy! clap56.gif
scottb
holy sh*! those look great! me think me want..... aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
Aaron Cox
viva los panchos!
Aaron Cox
viva la doctot evil beerchug.gif
Aaron Cox
mike needs to post the hideous before pictures!
SLITS
Nice Aaron! Los Panchos strikes again?

Did they sew in the cockroaches so that your ass will constantly be bitten and you won't be "lonely boy" anymore? biggrin.gif

Yea, I know that was uncalled for, but.................I am Slits ya know.

Really nice - you'll find out why I like cloth insets now. They are "cool" in more ways that one.
MattR
need any help on the install? rolleyes.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 18 2004, 02:37 PM)
Really nice - you'll find out why I like cloth insets now. They are "cool" in more ways that one.

true that!

yeah... no drugs or crap or bugs in them...those are myths wink.gif agree.gif
they are freakin awesome!
Pnambic
Is the contact info for these guys in the Resources Forum? I'm not ready to do that just yet, but I'll bet I'd be looking next year.
Red-Beard
Mike - "Dr. Evil" - is supporting his college addiction by running upholstery. I think it's a great way to help pay for college and to help the 914 community. smilie_pokal.gif
jr91472
Did you have to ship them? What did that run if you don't mind?
balljoint
Cuanto?

Or, if that is uncouth, at least was it a really good deal?
tracks914
Nice...me want too!!!
BTW isn't that called "out-sourcing"? biggrin.gif
Robert21
smilie_pokal.gif good job they look great , will see them in riverside

oracio
Aaron Cox
REALLY good deal! dr evil has his pricing in the resources section. he managed to haggle 40 off the list price smilie_pokal.gif
cant wait to see my dashes with ashtyray deleted
redshift
Oh my god! substadard work again! And by Mexicans!

wink.gif

Damned lazy bastards! No wonder they have all our jobs!

smile.gif

This is an edit to just tell you that I am drunk and I can't fix it/

M
Dr Evil
Here is the before huh.gif
Dr Evil
oh the horror
Dr Evil
Back pad high lights
SLITS
QUOTE(acox914 @ Sep 18 2004, 06:35 PM)
REALLY good deal! dr evil has his pricing in the resources section. he managed to haggle 40 off the list price smilie_pokal.gif

Whadda ya goona do with your joints now - ash them out the winder?

Miles - I just saw a stolen yellow bus with a sign that said "Savannah or bust" on the side, filled with the MX Mafia. They looked mad.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 19 2004, 07:47 AM)
QUOTE(acox914 @ Sep 18 2004, 06:35 PM)
REALLY  good deal! dr evil has his pricing in the resources section. he managed to haggle 40 off the list price  :trophy:

Whadda ya goona do with your joints now - ash them out the winder?

Miles - I just saw a stolen yellow bus with a sign that said "Savannah or bust" on the side, filled with the MX Mafia. They looked mad.

put them out on you ron! laugh.gif
rhodyguy
they look nice. shipping seats is pretty exspensive. you would want to box them and with 2 in a box you encounter the dreaded oversize issue. back pads break down into 3 pieces so they aren't too bad. it's both way shipping that makes things spendy. if the redo prices are right, i would be ok.

kevin
Dr Evil
Actually,
if you live near a Forward Air terminal you could ship me your whole interior on a pallet for probably $45 as it wouldn't weigh much, and that price is their minimum. James and I have shipped trannys this way and it cost $65 with insurance one way, but the trannies were 105 lbs with pallet. If you seek you will find better shipping deals. I had a front bumper shipped to me for $35 with UPS yet when I tried to buy a back one the person said that they were quoted $105. Its all about where you ask, and what you ask. Consequently, thanks to AAArons (mispelling intentional) willingness to experiment with my services ohmy.gif , no not those type of services, I have a more firm price and can offer my first package deal which will save many some $$$. I can have your seats done with cloth centers, back pad done, and both dashes for $750! (originally $900 so shipping looks a lot more do-able, no?)I will be posting this in my thread in the resources section. I am realy glad that you like your stuff, Aaron. I would rather have no customers than dissatisfied ones biggrin.gif
-Evil
rhodyguy
i wasn't trying to put the kill on any sales. sorry if it appeared that way. just a tip on shipping. i take the oversize items and cut the box down to come under the overage number by 1/2". those postage meter jockeys that can't read a tape measure and just like to round up, get the "you need to measure that again and add the fractions".

kevin
Dr Evil
No worries, Kevin. I hope that I didn't sound miffed. I wasn't. If people don't want to spend on shipping to save a bundle on this kind of work then I am OK with that. I would rather have people that are fully aware of what this will take than folks who will be suprised by the shipping or something else. It is too bad that I can not do anything about the shipping, but I am always looking for good cores for cheap so I can potentially pass along some savings in the form of oneway shipping. I am still learning and growing with this concept. I only have less than a year before I leave this place and stop with the upholstery gig. i would like to get as many done as possible in this short amount of time. So far this weekedn I have had two happy customers and I am feeling elated.
-Evil
rhodyguy
you didn't sound. i'm just being polite. i have some GREAT cores for the seats. cheap too. it's the shipping that's the prob biggrin.gif. boy, i'd love to have the full meal in red. but with BLACK visors? rolleyes.gif are you moving or is it this place...914world.com? doing the math... perfect backpad, one set of 9.8 seats in the stash, the seats in the car(use l pass side bolster off core to make a untorn drivers side), uncut doorpanels w/ good trim items, uncracked dash top. the carboard backing for back pads in the pnw are garbage 99% of the time. do socal units fare better?

kevin
opera guy
QUOTE(acox914 @ Sep 18 2004, 01:31 PM)
bitchin cloth insert i chose! aktion035.gif

who's the hippie with the sandle?
redshift
The last couple looks like the interior I had redone... afterwards..

smile.gif

M
Dr Evil
Kevin,
I'm moving in less than a year, I am going to Medical school (I hope). The back pads deffinetly fair better down here. I know there is one guy a few hours north of me that said he had a bunch of cores. Maybe I should get some of his, but I wont stock them, only get what I need when I need. I only charge for cores what I pay for them so if I can get cheap cores then someone gets cheap cores. I recon that shipping could be only one way then. I will keep posting what I can get when I can. I tried to get some cores off of one at ecology today, but I missed by one day as it was already gone <_<
-Mike
brant
has anybody shipped a dash yet..
I'm interested in hearing a shipping quote on this item before I go to the trouble of packaging.

brant
Dr Evil
Brant,
it should cost about $20-30. I have shipped several similar items for about that much. Hell, I shipped an engine mount bar (heavy piece of metal) to Canada for $23. Just measure it, wieigh it (or guess high), and go to USPS web site for a quote.
HTH
Dr Evil
More shameless plugging! Aarons dash before.
Dr Evil
eew
Dr Evil
Nasty
Dr Evil
No, really, could you have given me a crappier dash to start with wink.gif Look, a two piece.
Dr Evil
Al la peanut butter sandwiches! I like the look with out the front seam.
Dr Evil
Deleted ashtray.
Dr Evil
One piece bottom
Dr Evil
The better the core the better the final product, but this final product looks pretty good IMHO for having such a crappy start. Here are the vents.
rhodyguy
nice. save your old crappy dashs guys.

kevin
Aaron Cox
i havent seen thedash yet! holy hell looks awesome mike! cant wait!!!!

oh im stoked!!!! aktion035.gif mueba.gif rocking nana.gif
Rusty
Hey... do your services include the three targa bar pads?

-Rusty smoke.gif
Dr Evil
Sure do, just look at my post in the resources section to get an idea of what I can do.
Rusty
thanks, bud... I hadn't seen your updated thread over there. NICE.

-Rusty smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.