Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tapered end of roof to window seal goes which way?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Haudiosolutions
Refurbing my top and got everything together but now that it's all in one piece I'm doubting my reasoning for the direction of the seals. I currently have the tapered end to the front.... I really don't wanna put these on again. Even with soap it was kind of a pain.
poorsche914
Tapered to the rear.

driving.gif
Haudiosolutions
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 11 2012, 05:40 PM) *

Tapered to the rear.

driving.gif

Grrrrr. Figures, Thanks
Mikey914
QUOTE(Haudiosolutions @ Mar 11 2012, 02:42 PM) *

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 11 2012, 05:40 PM) *

Tapered to the rear.

driving.gif

Grrrrr. Figures, Thanks

DON'T Cut it yet!

When you pull these through you put tension on them. Even if you think you have no tension on them you do. And in 2 months from now they will apear to have shrunk.

It's a pain, but if you install then by putting in the outside edge in 1st and using a flat screwdriver to push the back side in, they will not apear to "shrink" later. Rubber has memory, and if there is any tension with vibration and time they will "shrink" back to the original size.
Haudiosolutions
Thanks for the tip. I got them out and flipped around the right way. I added more soap so the pull through was fairly painless. No cuts and I am very pleased with the top. Used 3M rocker panel spray to create the texture, New head liner and new seal on the rear. (pats self on back)
poorsche914
Hey, Derrick...

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Haudiosolutions
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 11 2012, 08:35 PM) *

Hey, Derrick...

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Ugh.. now I have to go get the camera
Haudiosolutions
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment last one showing texture. Click to view attachmentCrappy shots but hard to get a good photo with cfl bulbs and high intensity reef lighting in the same area
poorsche914
Looks great!

driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.