Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Great day finally got AX setup dialed in
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Well, ran my SCCA AX today and I think I finally have my setup where I like it. My best runs were when I had both front & rear Konis adjusted to full firm, running the stock front sway bar, rear sway is disconnected, falkens set at 40PSI front & 38psi rear. I also removed the seat bottom and my bootyshake.gif stayed put clap56.gif

I run CSP and lost first place in my class by 0.37 of a second, only 3 cars running in that class. What a difference in the way the car handled with the rear bar disconnected. I love my car wub.gif
ottox914
curious... my ultimate setting is a 19mm front sway set about 1/4 in from full soft, 21mm front "t" bars, 175# in the back, no sway. lowered and corner balanced, koni sports full soft in back, 1/2 turn in for the fronts, Azenis skins at 35 cold f/r. even with the stock springs and t-bars I found full firm to be to firm. Thats the fun part of this tinkering with cars thing, we can agree to dis- agree, and both go forth and rip!!! Keep you eyes pealed, we could end up in DSP for next season...
Trekkor
Here's my set-up:

Koni's full firm front, full soft rear
31mm SRP front bar 2/3 soft
rear bar connected
150# rear springs
Falken's 39 fr/41r

love the car is right wub.gif

My problem is, I don't keep my foot in it enough.
Cones scare me I guess. unsure.gif

KT
Andyrew
My problem is that I would lift on corners early, and then the back end of the turbo (944) would slide out and I would spin..

And I wasnt late braking enough.. We'll see how the 9148 goes... (Gahh, now I need to buy heavyer suspension!!!)
GaroldShaffer
Keep you eyes pealed, we could end up in DSP for next season...

I read about that. I'm still learing what the different classes are. This is my first season of AXing, so would this be a bad thing for us teeners??? Why or why not.
jdogg
DSP is a class of supposedly slower cars. DSP PAX for this year is 0.819, while CSP PAX is 0.837.

Will it help us? Theoretically yes, we'll be running against cars that are slower than those in the class we are running now. And with the easier PAX index, we'll slide up the list of overall PAX results as well.
GaroldShaffer
Will it help us? Theoretically yes

Cool. There were six cars running DSP and I would have 1st in that class. There was one other 914 there, Richard Gonzales running 74 -6 coversion in SM2. Also 2 1970 911's, one in SM2 with TOD the other was stock but I don't remember his class and a 86 944 running with the novice group.
Joe Ricard
Just mounted my Kunho V700's yesterday. So now I will go runthe "NEW" off em before Saturday / Sunday runs. Yup we got a 2 day event here in the Big Easy. biggrin.gif

Going to leave my rear bar hooked up this time. soft rear koni's hard front Koni's. 33 PSI all around to start.
jdogg
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Sep 20 2004, 03:17 PM)
Just mounted my Kunho V700's yesterday.

Mmmmm, sticky tires.....You will love 'em!!
Joe Ricard
Them sticky tres took two elephants and a small boy (me) to get them on Empi wheels. If I woulda put them on my Fuchs I would have backed out (chickened out). Pry bars and all the power the high end wheel machine could muster. Then there was the DAMN THINGS WOULDN"T SET THE BEAD. 60 PSI lots of soapy water and more pry bars. wacko.gif Hope they last a little while. Ya right beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.