Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Picked up a roller today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlee6204
I went and picked up a roller today and it was quite the experience. A guy I knew was parting it out and I offered to buy the shell when he was done with it. My plan was to flat tow it home but when I called him last night he told me the rear suspension had been sold blink.gif So today I had to piece together a set of trailing arms and springs from my stash to get it rolling. I also had to bring the wheels, doors, hood, and tow bracket so I had quite a bit to do before I could drive off with it. After all is said and done, I'm happy to say that it made the 80 mile trip home just fine. smile.gif Needless to say I also got quite a few looks from other cars. laugh.gif

It had been sitting since '87 and is fairly rusty. I bought it mainly for the fenders but there are still some other good bits.

VIN is 4712912944 which has already been added to the database. beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
clow
80 miles behind the truck like that! blink.gif

I could only imagine the looks you were given! What did you end up using to keep the axles up and rolling?

Always glad to see a 914 go to a home for a good use one way or another!

Cheers,

Clow
dlee6204
What did you end up using to keep the axles up and rolling?

I removed the axle shafts leaving the stub axles in place.
SirAndy
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Mar 11 2012, 06:41 PM) *
VIN is 4712912944 which has already been added to the database. beerchug.gif

Thank you Sir! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.