Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headliner Issues
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
Hello All,

I have a smal problem with my headliner. It is saging. I have taken the top off and looked at where and how it connects. It looks like there is a large pad at the header with holes in it where I might find screws to losen, but prodding in there has yielded no results.

Basically, I need instructions on what to remove so that I can spray some adhesive up there and re-stick my headliner.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

73 914 1.7
Porsche Rescue
Take the top off and place it upside down on blanket or carpet. There are phillips screws in those holes. You find them by "feel" with the screwdriver. Sometimes you can see them first with a flashlight.
Remove the pad. Pull the headliner completely off. It will come easy if it is already loose. Use 3M spray trim adhesive (the one which says on the can recommended for vinyl tops).
KaptKaos
Thanks Jim.

I will try again. I didn't want to "force" it with the header pad, but maybe I am not being as determined as I need to be.

Thanks,
Joe
Lawrence
Good directions. You can also go to your local fabric store and select a custom color felt or wool cloth to match your interior or exterior.

Maybe a certain someone can get something fashionable for you from ShabbyStuff.com...

-Rusty
KaptKaos
Rusty,

My wife would kill me if I tried something like that!

By the way, Mikayla is not shabby at all.

- Joe
73 1.7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.