Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sumthin' broke...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
...on my last AX pass.

It's runnin' on all 6 but there's this exhaust noise.

Either I broke a header, blew out a header gasket at the head, broke a head stud ........I like the header gasket idea biggrin.gif

Drove it home and into the shop, closed the door and now I think I'll take a nap.

BTW, to cap it all off, I drove shitty....& Chuck has a broke ankle......watersking...... Old fart ought to know better.
J P Stein
No visual clues.
So..I craweled underneath the sumbitch while the motor was runnin'........don't try this at home, kids....specially by yourself.

A visual clue!

Blue flame commin' out of the head where the plug for the thermal reactor port usta be.....cheep fix iffn' I can remember WhereTF I got em'.
Mueller
lucky you smile.gif
aircooledboy
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Sep 19 2004, 02:41 PM)
for the thermal reactor port

Is that anything like the dilithium chamber? monkeydance.gif laugh.gif

What the hell is that?
Bruce Allert
Sumthin' broke..., in the shitbox.....

....whal-l-l-l-l maybe if'n you'd quit sit'n on'it like yer gonna take a shit ... it wouldn'ta taken a shit, eh? laugh.gif

Me thinks this may be a responce "in kind" lol2.gif chairfall.gif

Glad it's sumpin easy JP. I haven't crawled under mine t'see if'n the starter shit da bed or if'n the ignition switch came un hooked. Made it home tho beer.gif

.....b
J P Stein
More accurately, it would be an air injection port.......smog stuff from the 70's......I hab no idea how it worked, but it made 2.7Ls run hot.

Bruth:

Just send the freakin' video. Did I get any pics of you & Punkin'? I was not too gud with your camera, me thinks.
redshift
Get a bigger car, Sasquatch. biggrin.gif

I hope that's a helmet.

M
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Sep 19 2004, 07:58 PM)

Bruth:

Just send the freakin' video. Did I get any pics of you & Punkin'? I was not too gud with your camera, me thinks.

Ya! ya done GUD beer.gif got sum gud ones of Jim too
Bruce Allert
ya
Bruce Allert
ya2
Bruce Allert
and just some for the rest of the story...... cool_shades.gif
Bruce Allert
JP's co-driver & crime boss Chuck with the water ski'n foot
Bruce Allert
and the line up
Bruce Allert
just to show JP & ULF were really there
Bruce Allert
also our other teener friend (whos name I can't remember-DAMN!) clap56.gif

.....b
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Sep 19 2004, 07:51 PM)
JP's co-driver & crime boss Chuck with the water ski'n foot

MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
J P Stein
If you ever wondered what understeer looks like, here ya go.
I could not get the car to rotate all day. .....it showed in the results. I was 3-4 sec off the pace AND hitting cones.
seanery
man, that looks like fun guys!

I wanna meet you all some day and get in on the banter laugh.gif
Porsche Rescue
Great pics Bruce. Thanks. I may have a spare starter if you're in need.
New guy with blue '73 2.0 is Gary Chapman. His wife also has a signal orange '73 2.0. Both are very nice cars.
JP, you've only got two weeks to get ULF well and redeem yourself. When you're only beatin' me by single digits somethin's wrong.
J P Stein
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Sep 20 2004, 06:51 AM)

New guy with blue '73 2.0 is Gary Chapman. His wife also has a signal orange '73 2.0. Both are very nice cars.
JP, you've only got two weeks to get ULF well and redeem yourself. When you're only beatin' me by single digits somethin's wrong.

Gary was asking about an AX set-up for his car. I think he wants to get serious about this cone deal. He drives that blue car aggressivily. I tole him he's gonna need tiars, an adjustable sway bar, some rear springs, and shox/w perches.....he never
batted an eye. His tires are toast.....mud cracked hard balls.

I was a bit distracted by the rude noises that the ulf was making so the conversation was brief.....but I suggested that he log on here to get some input. I think the hook is set biggrin.gif

Jim: I was watching both you and Bruce run. Have both of you disconnected your brake lights?
Porsche Rescue
Not sure about Bruce but truth is I hardly used them on that course. Maybe you're saying I should have been going faster so I'd need 'em!

It seemed like I did best when I drove the entire course with the throttle. A tight course like that seems to favor the four more than most of our courses.

Your gonna get Gary all fixed up and he'll be beatin' me too. Stop that!!
drgchapman
Hi guys, this is the neubie with the blue 914. Thanks for all your help and guidance. What a great group. Ya, I'm hooked. Looking feverously for the right shock set up. Found a set of Koni's, springs, adjustable perches for about $800.00. Shocks are Koni sports, yellow paint. I think I want 180# rear springs like Jim, this will be a dedicated AX car. Any thoughts?
drgchapman
I need to meet Chuck, a water skier? I do that in my other spare time, LOVE to ski! It's a speed thing. Also been looking at exhaust systems, as ya'll might of noticed, I'm in need. Looked at Kerry Hunter's design, and also Tangerine racing(very expensive). Anyone know anything?
seanery
Tangerine's are made by a guy here goes by RacerChris...they seem to be the schnizel...start a new thread asking about them.
J P Stein
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Sep 20 2004, 10:03 AM)
Not sure about Bruce but truth is I hardly used them on that course. Maybe you're saying I should have been going faster so I'd need 'em!

Your gonna get Gary all fixed up and he'll be beatin' me too. Stop that!!

Heh, heh.......maybe.

The West end of that course was fulla little throttle squirts & brake jabs....not that *I* ever got it right. Skinner designed that thing than got rained out while trying to catch that first run group Boxster.

Hopefully the weather will be better in 2 weeks and we'll go fer a couple fun runs in your car. I'll drive it first. biggrin.gif

Gary IS agressive in his driving. Next time I talk to him, I'll suggest that he just go buy a 914 that is set-up for AX.
There are none around here that I know of......except yours
(ole lightfoot biggrin.gif ). I'm guessing, but I don't think he wants to do the work himself. The mods he wants to do would be pretty expensive if he has a shop do it.
Bruce Allert
J P Stein Posted on Sep 20 2004, 10:55 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jim: I was watching both you and Bruce run. Have both of you disconnected your brake lights?

Yuppers, you hit the nail in da right spot.... decided to make the car lighter & rip out all the wiring in the rear....

Din't work tho did it? cool_shades.gif (shit!)

I promise JP, next time, I'll do the brake/throttle thang like, you know... balls to da walls driving.gif

.....b beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.