Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's been a long road
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
Well, my 914 is now a running and drivable 914! I spent all day Saturday putting the engine back in (it was out for rust repair). I haven't driven this car in 7 years! Man this car feels different. My next task will be front brakes/spindles. Stay tuned. smash.gif
thomasotten
1911 cc. Tuned and cleaned up. Runs pretty good.
thomasotten
Guess who got the first ride?
watsonrx13
Congrats Thomas. smilie_pokal.gif

Wow 7 years. You should be very proud of your effort. It's refreshing to see someone take the time to do the job right the first time, instead of a half-a$$ job then selling to some unsuspecting individual

Again Thomas, I applaud your efforts and admire the results. beerchug.gif
thomasotten
Thanks Rob. And many thanks to all the club members for the moral support. I just watched a special on that guy that got stuck down in a rock cavern while rock climbing and after several days decided he had to hack off his own arm so that he could live. In some small way, attempting a "hell hole" repair while learning welding is somewhat like that. There were many many times where I thought, "man what the heck am I doing?", or "what have I got myself into?" Many thanks to the club for the "hang in there" comments.
redshift
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Sep 19 2004, 06:34 PM)
Guess who got the first ride?

You are alot shorter than I had imagined.

WTG! Dood!

M
Red-Beard
Yeah, but the little hands probably help on the valve adjustments...
jr91472
looks great.

I hope to join you soon. The engine compartment is noticably absent of a battery. Would love to see pics of its new home. Mine is up front, but not happy with the accomodations (bungy cords and a plastic battery box). I am looking for new and better ideas.

thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.