Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any interest in wood dash kits?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76911s
I got this kit from a customer and was thinking about reproducing it.
It would replace the basket weave panels on the dash front.
I could use a variety of different woods and colors. Cost would be around $100
Give me your thoughts.
Thanks
Mark..
Click to view attachment
firstknight13
biggrin.gif many make their own.......i did a few a while back and there wasn't much interest.....but you never know... biggrin.gif
Prospectfarms
Post a pic after you install. Finish would be critical. Might be a nice way to rehab a ratty dash (like mine) and $100 is a good price for that much cutting. Would you use a CNC router?
r3dplanet
Could the wood finish be made to closely resemble Zach's shifter ball? That would be lovely.
76911s
QUOTE(Prospectfarms @ Mar 13 2012, 07:27 AM) *

Post a pic after you install. Finish would be critical. Might be a nice way to rehab a ratty dash (like mine) and $100 is a good price for that much cutting. Would you use a CNC router?

Sorry, not installing this on a car, took it off for a race dash.
I was planning to just make a template for a router set up.
Thanks for the interest.
Mark..
76911s
QUOTE(spankmeister7 @ Mar 13 2012, 09:42 AM) *

Could the wood finish be made to closely resemble Zach's shifter ball? That would be lovely.

I assume you mean glossy? Not striped?
I could make out of Mahogany so it would be close to the dark wood and yes I could finish in a glossy finish.
Thanks for the interest.
Mark..
Tom_T
FYI - they sold these at dealers back in the day in 2-3 wood types, this is one dealer installed in my buddy's 71 he bought new with it already installed for a prior buyer who backed out (BTW - that's original Bahia Red Paint & interior <61k mi survivor drooley.gif ).

It's the Rosewood....
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Hope this helps those interested to visualize them in a 914!
shades.gif
jmill
Any curly, figured or spalted wood would have a bigger draw. Most who know what that is have access to a planer, saw and bandsaw. Those who don't would most likely pay for panels. I'd stick with those woods.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.