Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Bumper for water cooled cars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
13b914
I'm getting conflicting years of billet grille to use for my conversion. Some say 03-05 and others say 06-09. Anybody have a definitive answer or do they both work? Thanks in advance
Chad
andys
I bought the 03-05 version, but haven't mounted it yet. Something about the number of bars to closely matches the fog grills, I think. Hope it's the right one!

Andys
McMark
I don't know, but I'd love to see pictures. shades.gif
Rand
They are pretty easy to find on ebay. Here are the differences. Looks like the later ones have more bars, maybe tighter spacing. Hard to tell from the pics.

Hopefully jmmotorsports or computers4kids will chime in, they have both done nice work on theirs.
13b914
Thanks for all the help. Hopefully one of those guys will reply.
Chad
Rand
Do you have the fog lights with grills?
IPB Image
pktzygt
I believe it is the early one because there are less bars therfor more space between the bars. This should match the spacing on the foglight grills.
13b914
I do have the fog light grilles.
jmmotorsports
QUOTE(Rand @ Mar 12 2012, 07:38 PM) *

Do you have the fog lights with grills?
IPB Image

03-05 is what I used.

Jerry
matthepcat
I use an 05 on mine. Still trying to get the curvature correct, but the bar spacing is perfect match to the fog grille.
13b914
Thanks for all of your help! Looks like 03-05 it will be.
Chad
v82go
Why use either ? (unless you hate your bumper) Take a look at my cut-out and yes
it works in sunny Florida.
pt_700
i like that front end bob. might you have more pics to share?

one of these days, i'll be cutting into my '71 1.7 to do a sbc conversion and can never have too many sources of inspiration...
914.SBC
03 TO 05 Z CAR GRILLE. (55.00). IT IS EASY TO CUT BUT HARD TO WELD CUZ NOT MUCH TO WORK WITH BUT IT IS EASY ENOUGH.
carr914
If you wanted to stick with Porsche, you could use a 911 Engine Lid Grill
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.