Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: **NEED HELP** on the road
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tedman5
As some of you may know I am currently making an XC trip home with my new teener. In Nashville, TN currently.
We are experiencing carb backfire on Dellorto 40DRLA. The issue is believed to be a idle jet clogging.
What is the easiest solution to correct this? We have run Berrymans thru it with no resolve.
I have never taken a jet out and a little hesistant to because we don't have a replacement o ring in case.
Can you stick a thin wire down thru the jet without removing it?
Thanks in advance.

Admin edit: Added Nashville, TN to the title ...
r_towle
Pull out the jets and blow through them.

If you search your location, you might be able to find a vw shop, or an industrial hardware store for orings.

Rich
Lennies914
You should also post your location. You could be in a members area. Good luck
partwerks
I would imagine they would be similar, but back when I had Webers, I would periodically take them out and be careful not to drop the O ring and keep a can of air in the car and use that to blow out the dirt.
SirAndy
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 12 2012, 06:57 PM) *
Pull out the jets and blow through them.

agree.gif

There's a couple of guys in the Nashville area ...
idea.gif
914itis
You can pull an electrical wire, strip it and take one string, push it thru the jet, (*jet must be removed) that saved me on my way back from hershey last year was running on 3 cyl.
Tedman5
QUOTE(ppetion @ Mar 12 2012, 08:15 PM) *

You can pull an electrical wire, strip it and take one string, push it thru the jet, (*jet must be removed) that saved me on my way back from hershey last year was running on 3 cyl.

Question.... How would I know if it's running on 3 and what's the consequences of that
over a period of time?
914itis
If you remove the plug wire on that cylender, there would be no effect on the RPM. try that one after the other to find out wich one is clogged. pm me if you need more help,
914itis
Here is a diagram of your carbs, i believe # 66 is your jet, they are located at the same location on each barel, there is one for each cilender.

http://www.dellorto.co.uk/images/parts/DRLADIAG2.PDF
914itis
here is a picture of the jets and locations

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.