Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: parking light always on----really!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cap10danny
My 73 has the left front and rear parking light always on, key on or off. Only can get it off by pulling the 5th fuse. Tried replacing the turn signal switch with a new one, but no help. anybody seen this? Maybe the headlight switch?
AndrewBlyholder
Just so you know, 914's are wired so that if you leave the turn signal on, that turn signal lights on that side stay on after the car is turned off and key removed. I was once told this is a feature required by some European locations where they want the side lights on when you park parallel to the curb. What all this means to you is that it is normal for the turn signals to be hot even with the key off. I'd guess that system is shorted or malfunctioning in some way in your steering column switch assembly.

Andrew Blyholder
BMartin914
Funny...

Your left side marker/turn lights won't go off, mine won't come on.

Traced down the wiring, checked all of the connections, still can't see a problem. I am expecting a broken wire somewhere. What fun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.