Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fitting a Ginther screen
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
givory
I'm chopping the windshield/removing the roof on my stock bodied 914 vintage racer to get more height on the rear roll bar hoop [not my choice!]. I will be fitting a Ginther screen, but I want to keep a full cage with a rebuilt front hoop [more upright]. Brad put up a pic of such a setup on a recent oil-cooler thread. It looked like the front hoop passed through holes in the screen. This seems like the best [only?] way to do this. Anyone have experience with this? Any pics? Alternative set-ups?
Thanks very much
Gavin Ivory
URY914
I have a bunch of pictures that I can post showing what you need, but there at home. I'll try to post tonight or email the best shots to you.

Paul
Brad Roberts
DFGDF
givory
Thanks Brad - that's a good view of how it could be done. I had no idea the screen would go so deep into the car - only about 18" left to climb through. The screen in the pic seems seriously trimmed back - I'll do the same. Shame to throw half of it away after paying so much for the whole thing! When the new cage is done, I'll post picture for ar15.gif peer review ar15.gif
Gavin
Brad Roberts
I have one already shaved back... too bad I didnt know you needed one... oops.

Let me know if you need more pics. I have a screen off and another car here that has one installed.

B
URY914
Here is a shot...
Brad Roberts
Careful URY...

That "A" pillar bar is farther back in the tub than ours is. He did the cage in front of the dash..then yanked everything out later on which leaves the A pillar bars way back comared to our shots with the A pillar bars way forward.

Good shot of Newlins car however... (I dont recall if he sold it..I think he did)

B
URY914
Another
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.