Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fog Light Blub Replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
I am "trying" to replace my fog light blubs on my 73.

I have removed my horn/light grill.

I noticed that there is a flat head screw in the notch above the roll/gravel pan. Is that the screw I need to remove?

I don't want to remove the wrong thing and it might not go back together. Been there, done that!

As usual, your help and expertise is always appreciated.
SLITS
There is a screw at the bottom of the foglight ring. Probably better if you remove the foglight from the body. Leave the wires attached.

Once you access the screw, it releases a small clip that is inside the foglight assembly. You can then remove the lens/bulb assembly from the back housing.

Bulb assembly is held in place by a wire spring clip. Pop that loose and the bulb assembly comes out of the bulb / lens assembly.

Change the bulb and reassemble. Do not lose the small clip that secures the lens assembly ... it is "S" shaped kinda.

That's it ... good luck ... you'll figure it out.
Mikey914
Take the fog light off the body, unscrew the the screw and you'll be able to open the light. A spring clip holds the bulb. Don't open up the front to clean it up where the lens is unless the seal looks good. Otherwise, you'll probably have to replace the seal, but I know I guy that has new ones if yours are shot biggrin.gif

The picture wasn't intended for this, but you can see the assembly behind reflector unit I'm holding, it will pop out and you can change the bulb.
-Mark
JawjaPorsche
Thank you! A picture worth a thousand words! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 13 2012, 02:37 PM) *

Take the fog light off the body, unscrew the the screw and you'll be able to open the light. A spring clip holds the bulb. Don't open up the front to clean it up where the lens is unless the seal looks good. Otherwise, you'll probably have to replace the seal, but I know I guy that has new ones if yours are shot biggrin.gif

The picture wasn't intended for this, but you can see the assembly behind reflector unit I'm holding, it will pop out and you can change the bulb.
-Mark

euro911
I also took some close-ups so I'll know how the (4) wire spring clips that secure the lamp assy. inside the bucket go back in blink.gif
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
To replace the bulb, you don't have to take the whole reflector assembly out. Just the smaller silver-colored part in the first pic of the previous post. Squeeze the two ends of the wire in toward the center, then swing the wire out of the way. The bulb holder will come out, you can replace the bulb, and then put it all back together again.

I found that access was harder with the bumper on than off, but the front of my 914 was a little bit tweaked.

--DD
euro911
Good to know. Took mine apart for Mark's Powder-Coat & New Seal deal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.