Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shipper recommendations?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
I'm a 914 owner again, my regular shipper is pretty jammed up at the moment, anyone got a good recommendation for a mom and pop type operation? Don't like using brokers or the big guys.

Open is ok if it's a 4ish car roll back, closed is good if it's not insane $...

TIA

Ferg

pic of new toy biggrin.gif

jcambo7
drooley.gif wub.gif Nice ride and congrats!
dlkawashima
Sweet! So what did we lose to you ..... looks like maybe a late '72? Details please.
Ferg
73 1.7 with early bumpers, complete respray in orig Alaska Blue, no rust ect.

jmill
Nice! wub.gif

I'd even keep the steelies on it.
dlee1967
I used a fellow call Ted Phillips (Phillips Transport) from Arizona to Houston. 530-510-0742. He makes the CA to Texas run frequently. It was an open car hauler and the car was very dirty when it arrived, but nothing a little soap and water wouldn't cure.

The price was right and no damage to the car.
Ferg
QUOTE(dlee1967 @ Mar 13 2012, 10:21 AM) *

I used a fellow call Ted Phillips (Phillips Transport) from Arizona to Houston. 530-510-0742. He makes the CA to Texas run frequently. It was an open car hauler and the car was very dirty when it arrived, but nothing a little soap and water wouldn't cure.

The price was right and no damage to the car.

Thanks Dave, called Ted and left a message.

Anyone else?

Tom_T
Congrats! smilie_pokal.gif

I think I saw that one on the evil-bayness Ferg - SF Bay Area IIRC.

Might help to specify the start & end points for shipping!

If I wasn't so tight on time now, I'd offer to drive it for you & cover my own costs for a good road trip! biggrin.gif

.... haven't had a good road trip since last July when I drove my son's 88 Honda Civic back to him at Ft. Drum NY from SoCal - in all that 100+ heat wave!!!! blink.gif driving.gif
audio_file
I used 4 Corners to get my 914 from Salt Lake area to the Seattle area after seeing their great reviews. I was not disappointed! Their service was very fast, communication excellent, and at a competitive price.

http://www.fourcornerstransportservices.com/

Chris
sbsix
QUOTE(Ferg @ Mar 13 2012, 08:39 AM) *

I'm a 914 owner again, my regular shipper is pretty jammed up at the moment, anyone got a good recommendation for a mom and pop type operation? Don't like using brokers or the big guys.

Open is ok if it's a 4ish car roll back, closed is good if it's not insane $...

TIA

Ferg

pic of new toy biggrin.gif

Ferg, I used InterCity to ship my 914-6 from Santa Barbara to Chicago and back again during a work transfer a few years back. They charged about $1,000 for each trip but my company paid for the move. My six was in an enclosed trailer both ways and it was handled with care each time by the loader/driver. It arrived exactly when they said it would be delivered, unscratched.

If money was no object and I did it again I would use InterCity, but I wouldn't want to pay that much myself. I also would never ship my car to Chicago again. Don't know what I was thinking. I had headers at the time and no heat.

I had used a low rate shipper before that to ship a car in an open transporter from New Jersey to Santa Barbara and paid about $500 as I recall. The car arrived after 16 days covered in transmission fluid, mud and who knows what else. It was a Camry so no big deal, but if it was my 914-6 I would have been beside myself.

Good luck and I hope it turns out well for you and your great looking 914.

Gary

mtn flyr
Cool, love Alaska blue!!!! piratenanner.gif
tod914
Congrads! Pretty car. I find the steelies more appealing than the alloys smile.gif I recently had Golden Key suggested by Thomas Sunday. Let me know who gives you the best rate. I'm trying justify another purchase too (non-914), but don't want to get killed on a big shipping charge. Good luck, and hang onto it for a while.
Ferg
Thanks guys, I'll post what I learn tomorrow when the quotes start to roll in.

So far, only one 750 open 1100 enclosed sad.gif About 200 more than I hoped on both counts.

tod914
I hear yah, the shipping is kind of a deal breaker on the cars I'm looking at.
Lou W
QUOTE(audio_file @ Mar 13 2012, 03:21 PM) *

I used 4 Corners to get my 914 from Salt Lake area to the Seattle area after seeing their great reviews. I was not disappointed! Their service was very fast, communication excellent, and at a competitive price.

http://www.fourcornerstransportservices.com/

Chris

Mike, I nevergot a response from the compamy that you refered me to, so I went with 4 Corners, they were fantastic.
Ferg
Thanks Lou, so far they are the front runners... going to make a decision today.

Ferg beerchug.gif
Ferg
QUOTE(Ferg @ Mar 14 2012, 08:37 AM) *

Thanks Lou, so far they are the front runners... going to make a decision today.

Ferg beerchug.gif

Thanks again Lou!!! beerchug.gif

I used them, and went with open transport, they just called, an ENCLOSED 2 car trailer is picking it up tomorrow AM, and I should have the car by Monday. Huge score, just luck on my part a enclosed guy had an empty space, but cheapest I've ever paid for transport and it's enclosed. smilie_pokal.gif

Now I gotta name the car smile.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Ferg @ Mar 16 2012, 09:12 PM) *

Ferg beerchug.gif

I used them, and went with open transport, they just called, an ENCLOSED 2 car trailer is picking it up tomorrow AM, and I should have the car by Monday. Huge score, just luck on my part a enclosed guy had an empty space, but cheapest I've ever paid for transport and it's enclosed. smilie_pokal.gif

FERG.gif 14.gif
jeeperjohn56
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 16 2012, 09:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Ferg @ Mar 16 2012, 09:12 PM) *

Ferg beerchug.gif

FERG.gif 14.gif

Nice looking car Ferg,hope everything turns out for you. Happy Motoring. John driving.gif
SLITS
NOTAMIATA

poke.gif
Ferg
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 17 2012, 05:59 AM) *

NOTAMIATA

poke.gif

laugh.gif NOTBROWN laugh.gif
AZ914
BLUMAMBA or something like FRITZ
Ferg
Right now I think she looks like a "Mable"

KELTY360
QUOTE(Ferg @ Mar 17 2012, 06:38 AM) *

Right now I think she looks like a "Mable"

It's the steelies. Put some chromies on and she'd look like a Miranda!
jonferns
Did they deliver it yet? popcorn[1].gif
Ferg
Got hung up in the Tahoe snow, looking like tomorrow night or Wednesday.

Kirmizi
QUOTE(Ferg @ Mar 19 2012, 12:29 PM) *

Got hung up in the Tahoe snow, looking like tomorrow night or Wednesday.

Bet I know what you'll be doing this weekend FERG.gif
Ferg
shades.gif hopefully more of this driving.gif pic seller sent me at pickup...
MDG
Now that's exciting. Nice looking car. Love the colour color too.
Ferg
It's not Irish green, but it will do...
Ferg
It's here smile.gif , starting a list of what I'm going to need to make it Ferg worthy

Shippers were really excellent, 4corners shipping as the brokers and Interstate shipping as the actual carrier. I think I found a new company to use.

Ferg
smile.gif
Scott S
Lets flare it!!!!!! sawzall-smiley.gif

Looks fantastic my freind. cant wait to see it in person!!
beerchug.gif
AZ914
One word... Chalon
AZ914
what happened to your xmas tree hauler?
Ferg

Sold, I wanted the 914, 3 is one to many I have found.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.