Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Patrick C. Paternie passed on Saturday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
The author of How to restore and modify your Porsche 914 and 914-6 Patrick C. Paternie died Saturday at Willow Springs Raceway, just moments after finishing a race in his 1968 Porsche 911. He was 65.
Craig at CAMP
Tom_T
While sad to hear, it sounds like he went out doing what he loved.....or at least just before. smilie_pokal.gif
JawjaPorsche
I agree. Much better than being in a rest home watching Wheel of Fortune with a bed pan under his but. Sorry to hear of his passing. He contributed a lot.

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 13 2012, 04:16 PM) *

While sad to hear, it sounds like he went out doing what he loved.....or at least just before. smilie_pokal.gif

wingnut86
Sad to hear. I have his book.

Agreed about it being a better place to go...
BMXerror
RIP. sad.gif
Mark D.
Elliot Cannon
One of the first books I bought after buying my 914 10 years ago. Too bad.
infraredcalvin
RIP, a little more detail, he passed just after completing a race session, pulled into the pits, never got out of the car. We lost a great contributor to the vintage Porsche community. My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.
ww914
65 is too damm young, but you're right, he went out doing what he loved.
Mikey914
RIP. He will be missed.
Drums66
....Don't like to hear about anyone that loves these cars(Porsches)...passing flag.gif
bye1.gif
bigkensteele
Ironic. A few months ago, I boxed up a bunch of old books and my wife took them to Half Price Books. A couple of weeks ago, I realized that I could not find Patrick's book as well as the one by Brett Johnson. I must have put them in the wrong box by mistake.

For some reason, it popped into my head today to call HPB to see if they might have taken them in, as I would like to get them back.

Guess I will buy a new one and send some more royalties to his family.

Almost poetic that he passed just after doing what he surely loved most. RIP
914Sixer
Wow, big loss to the Porsche community. There was lots of good info in his books. At 63 it is a wake up call for me.
rick 918-S
Wow! RIP. dry.gif
groot
Don't know if you all knew this, but Patrick did freelance work for Autoweek and other auto rags. I had the opportunity to drink a few beers with him over the past few years at some events and he was a good dude.
krazykonrad
Thoughts and prayers. What a way to go!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.