Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone close to AR that can help me do a tune up?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Black914_4
Any members close to me that knows how to do a tuneup on a 2.0 d-jet?

I cleaned the distribator, new wires, plugs, vac and fuel hoses.
Next I am going to try to adjust the valves.
After that...... I need help doing the timing and the little knob on the computer.
TheCabinetmaker
Where in ark is greenbriar?
Black914_4
Just north of Conway. About 10 miles from interstate 40
Kinda "north central"
TheCabinetmaker
Biker bob lives in eureka, but he won't be back till the first of april. We're gonna meet and do a drive in the clarksville area after that. Ron Mott is in the little rock area. Jt9146 is in bryant I believe. I can help if you can get it to tulsa.
Black914_4
How do I get ahold of the people in litle Rock & Bryant?

Tulsa might be a bit far.

I like Eureka Springs. Did some work up there a few years back. Planning on going up there this fall for the Porsche Palooza.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(2xs performance @ Mar 13 2012, 07:32 PM) *

How do I get ahold of the people in litle Rock & Bryant?

Tulsa might be a bit far.

I like Eureka Springs. Did some work up there a few years back. Planning on going up there this fall for the Porsche Palooza.

I will call the guys in Little Rock and Bryant for you. There is also a couple of guys in Conway that could probably help you. I have a car sitting in Conway I just bought that I need to go get. I will be in Mayflower this weekend for a RallyX. One of the guys from Conway will be there too co-driving with me.

Shoe

p.s. I am useless when it comes to a valve adjustment. sad.gif
jjackson
QUOTE(2xs performance @ Mar 13 2012, 05:37 PM) *

After that...... I need help doing the timing and the little knob on the computer.

Perfection Plus-Little Rock-Steve and Rick Mcpherson-# 565-1911.
Fantastic people to do business with! J Jackson
Black914_4

[/quote]
I will call the guys in Little Rock and Bryant for you. There is also a couple of guys in Conway that could probably help you. I have a car sitting in Conway I just bought that I need to go get. I will be in Mayflower this weekend for a RallyX. One of the guys from Conway will be there too co-driving with me.

Shoe

p.s. I am useless when it comes to a valve adjustment. sad.gif
[/quote]

Send me info on the race this weekend. I'll see if I can make it. Sounds fun biggrin.gif

I'm only 10-15 mins from Conway. Did you buy the car from a friend? I keep a good eye out and havent seen any for sale localy. there is one 914 just north of here I looked at before I bought mine. Comes with fiberglass decks and fender flares. He was asking too much though. just over $3k. I calleed him couple weeks ago just to make sure it wasn't a 6. would have been worth it it if it was.

I should be able to handle the valves. Theres a chart on here I seen that walks you through it. I need to make time to get out there and work on her. Haven't had time in the last few weeks. sad.gif
hot_shoe914

Send me info on the race this weekend. I'll see if I can make it. Sounds fun biggrin.gif

I'm only 10-15 mins from Conway. Did you buy the car from a friend? I keep a good eye out and havent seen any for sale localy. there is one 914 just north of here I looked at before I bought mine. Comes with fiberglass decks and fender flares. He was asking too much though. just over $3k. I calleed him couple weeks ago just to make sure it wasn't a 6. would have been worth it it if it was.

I should be able to handle the valves. Theres a chart on here I seen that walks you through it. I need to make time to get out there and work on her. Haven't had time in the last few weeks. sad.gif
[/quote]
The car was not advertised, I have known about it for a couple of years. Owner has a new baby on the way so I took a shot that they needed money for a new nursery and got lucky. As for the race I don't really have the details other than it is SCCA RallyX in Mayflower. I still need to get the details so I can show up on time at the right place. Come on down and enjoy the fun.

Shoe
Black914_4
QUOTE(jjackson @ Mar 14 2012, 08:08 AM) *

QUOTE(2xs performance @ Mar 13 2012, 05:37 PM) *

Perfection Plus-Little Rock-Steve and Rick Mcpherson-# 565-1911.
Fantastic people to do business with! J Jackson

Cool, I didn't know we had a Porsche shop around here.

jjackson --finally someone close to me! piratenanner.gif lol
Seemed like everyone on here was 1000 miles away. Havent seen anyone from this area posting. I built the SuperCenter in Maulmelle biggrin.gif
jjackson
QUOTE(2xs performance @ Mar 14 2012, 07:07 AM) *

Shoe

Shoe-Rallycross site underwater.Event cancelled for this weekend.
J Jackson

IronHillRestorations
Isn't Ron Mott in LR? He should be able to do that for you.
hot_shoe914
Thanks Jay, saves me from working on the rally car tonight. Luke will be disappointed, he was going to co-drive.

I guess I can go to Conway and get my new one ready to move. I need to get it to Tom Oxner for some welding.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.