Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine bay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
black is marhyde. axels removed. most cables were shot/questionable. i just nipped them off with bolt cutters prior to engine removal, i new i was going to rpalce the all. will put the new ones in in after motor. i start with the self ecthing primer today. local auto body supply mixed me silver paint to match code#. results to follow. i'm getting there. i think the ax in june is on the 8th right? i'm going to chill at least one person out.

kevin
rhodyguy
lower fire wall.
rhodyguy
open wide!
Bleyseng
Looks nice, when is it going to be running?
Geoff
rhodyguy
the ax is on 6/8 ? thats a big day for me. i have that plastic piece for the gas tank strap for you. did you remember to contact sovern re corral space on the 4th @ PIR? please speak to the wa chapter 914world.com's social co-ordinater about this.

kevin
Bleyseng
I have looked up the Sovern race stuff and its $20 per car to have a corral for a club with a 20 cars limit.
I have been swamped at work (worked all weekend) but will post a topic about it or you can. The info is on page 7 of the mach Spiel.
Geoff
Lawrence
I'm not familiar with "Marhyde". What is it? A rust-converting paint or something?

-Rusty
SirAndy
now here's a question:

when i pulled my new (complete) wire harness out of a donor '73 it had the exact same green tape around the harness-cover in the back as in your picture (see photo with arrow below). what is this for? why is it there? anyone else has it?

a factory mark to identify the harness for a certain year?
Keith Sammons
icon14.gif Are you retaining the proportioning valve?
Lawrence
Probably one of the many things the factory did to encourage concours weenies.

After all, the tape has to be the right shade, thickness, width and number of wraps for Parade competition. ;-)

-Rusty
SirAndy
QUOTE(Lawrence @ May 6 2003, 10:33 AM)
After all, the tape has to be the right shade, thickness, width and number of wraps for Parade competition. ;-)

damm, and i cut it and threw it away! now what?
probably worth a ton of money, if in good/near perfect condition ...

unsure.gif
Bleyseng
There was an Irish guy that worked on the production line and he liked to put "A Wee Bit o'luck" in the cars he worked on, so he put that green tape on.
Geoff
Lawrence
Uhhh.. have you been drinkin your "Wee bit o'luck"?

beer3.gif aktion035.gif

-Rusty
Bleyseng
I wuz drinkin Corona's last night, cuz it was the 5th of May!
Geoff
rhodyguy
i'll contact sovren tomorrow and set it up. i'll pay the $ upfront. it's worth it not to have to park in the far lot. mayhyde is a liquid you spray/brush on the converts rust to a sandable/paintable finish. the stuff works swell.

kevin
Bleyseng
yeah, but will your car be ready for the race?

Geoff
rhodyguy
without a doubt. i'm "borrowing" a few items from the 72.

kevin
Gint
Kevin (or anybody),

Can you tell us more about marhyde? Where do you get it? What specifically is it? Web page? Vendor? You get the idea...
Lawrence
Yeah, we're always interested in rust treatments.
ChrisReale
Whats up at PIR and Sovren?????? flag.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.