Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Engine and/or PPI near Reno
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flyloki
Here's the deal-

A gentleman near Reno was looking for a 2.0 for his 912. Finds his neighbor's '74 2.0 is for sale. He wants the motor and is offering the roller minus engine and associated items.

I had been looking for a roller but really think that since it will take a little while to get swap components together that a driving car would be much better. Soooo...

Does anyone have a complete engine to put in the car until I can do the swap? Year and size not so important but must be complete, computer, exhaust, mount bar etc. Of course if you have a nice 2.0 for sale that would be OK too.

Anyone in the area that wanted to eyeball the car would be greatly appreciated as well.

Many Thanks,

John
John Kelly
Hi John,

I have what I think is a 1.7, running complete with the computer and a Bursch? exhaust. Compression: 120,125, 120, 130. I was able to drive it around my neighborhood just briefly as the front brakes are grabbing hard. The engine seems to have a slightly high idle, and accelerates a bit poorly which I'm thinking is an adjustment or sensor problem, but I don't know for sure. I'm sure the front brakes being engaged had something to do with it as well. I was asking $475, but will sell it for less to get it out of here. Make me an offer if you are interested. You can hear it run in Seattle...a hop skip and a jump from you...you can reach me by email: ghiafab@msn.com or call 206-367-3305 also have the working tailshifter transaxle....

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.