Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 Exhaust: Tangerine vs. Kerry Hunter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drgchapman
Looking for the sweet sound and gobs of power, how do these bolt up? use stock exhaust hanger? The tangerine as far as I can tell exits out the passenger side instead of the driver's side with the cut out. Heat is an option, not real important.
JmuRiz
I would say Tangerine is the 'best' sytem out there, since they will work with you to make a custom system basically (diameter tubing etc). It's also a 4-2-1 system that us motorcycle types have known to get the most power out of a car via scavenging effect. Tangerine also uses stub-pipes to bolt it all on to the car, should make it easy to get on-off. I don't know much about the KH headers, sorry.
Having said that, the tangerine system is $$$. I'll probably get one when I do a new motor in mine, but for now I just use stainless heater boxes and a triad exhaust.
Just doing exhaust work won't give you 'gobs of power', you have to get inside and mess with the heads and cams to get lots of HP.
Mueller
well, do you want the best there is or the cheapest there is???

the tangerine is considered the best, the dyno does not lie

however, what happens is that price will often dictate the choice made........

tangerine = $1000 starting price

Tangerine Super Headers

kerry hunter = approx. $500 complete

another good alternative that is inbetween the 2 you asked about is:

George Narbel
European Racing Headers
1010 N. Stephanie St.
Unit C-7
Henderson, NV 89014
(702) 433-9189

He has a complete bolt-on solution for our 914's...

Please let him know you saw his ad on the 914 club web site.
Jake Raby
Tangerine is in a class of its own...

From price, to fit, to performance and attention to detail.

Nothing has paralleled one on my dyno. Its worth every cent.

I just bought another one.

The Type IV is all about exhaust. Restrict it and run hotter and make less power.

as for sound: well mine on the 914 sounds like a full on ace car, especially on decel. Thats with the phase 9 in place only. If you add the quiet can its docile enough for any street in the US.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.