Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Later Passenger Seat Into Early Car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DBCooper
There's a thread showing how to put a later passenger seat into an early car, but I can't find it. It involved welding in a seat adjuster, if I remember correctly. I've searched, no luck, anyone know where it is?

Thanks.
mepstein
Should be easy. Weld in the same seat mounts that are on the driver side. Restoration design sells them.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 14 2012, 07:18 PM) *

Should be easy. Weld in the same seat mounts that are on the driver side. Restoration design sells them.

agree.gif plus you will need adjust bracket the mounts on the crossmember. My 70 has a a later passenger seat. I would take some pictures for you, but my car is at Brad Mayeur's shop getting a spring time work done.
ChrisFoley
I've had a design for a bolt in conversion since 1985.
It will be available as a kit in the next month or so.
DBCooper
Will I be able to afford it, Chris?

I know there was a thread or mention in the thread, even thought I saved the link, now I'll be damned if I can find it.

Thanks, gents.
McMark
Any just bolted the seat rails to the floor in the back and through the box-brace in the front. Nothin' fancy.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Mar 15 2012, 01:44 PM) *

Will I be able to afford it, Chris?

$119.95, delivered.
This is my original product photo, taken in 1986 I think.
Click to view attachment
DBCooper
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 15 2012, 12:09 PM) *

Any just bolted the seat rails to the floor in the back and through the box-brace in the front. Nothin' fancy.

Dude! I thought he was German?

poke.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Mar 15 2012, 04:39 PM) *
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 15 2012, 12:09 PM) *
Andy just bolted the seat rails to the floor in the back and through the box-brace in the front. Nothin' fancy.

Dude! I thought he was German?

poke.gif

poke.gif

The seat-rails fit into the rear (fixed) studs, all i had to do is use some flat nuts so the seat can still move.

Same in the front, there are already threaded holes in the crossbeam that i used to secure the rails there.
No welding or cutting needed.

The only thing you can't do with this method is to tilt the seat up/down.
popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.