Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CV flange center has no bolt! What do I do?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bondo
I'm trying to fully disassemble this trans, and I can't get the darn cv flanges off! They have a funny aluminum plate in the center, apparently held in place by a circlip. I took the circlip off, and the aluminum plate just spins.. won't come off. Has anyone run across this problem? There MUST be a way! smash.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Vise grips on the little center "button". I slide hammer them, but you probably don't have a slide hammer adapter for your vise grips. Just wiggle and pull. There's an oring on it, sealing it and keeping it in place. The Cap'n
bondo
Cool, thanks. That's what I was trying.. I'll go try harder now smile.gif
bondo
That did it! Thanks!

A while back someone said the aluminum cases were stronger... Then they said they weren't. Well the aluminum case I have has much less webbing than a 914 trans... but more importantly, I don't think it's possible to flip the ring and pinion. The side of the case that the ring would move to is smaller, and if you machined it out large enough, you would probably make a big hole in the case.
michel richard
ON one of these that I took apart, there was also a circlip holding the aluminum cover. Make it's not there before you start pulling too hard with the vise grips. Maybe obvious, but may still be useful.

Michel Richard
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.