Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buying konis
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drgchapman
looking at buying shocks from this guy on e-bay. Anyone have any comments?
Part Pricer
He is a member here. I think his club ID is 736conver.
JWest
I've bought and sold to/from him with no problems.
SLITS
He's been selling a long time - I have bought from him - it's always what he says it is
Chris H.
Yup, good guy.
Series9
I had a VERY bad experience with this guy.

He bought a pair of S calipers from me for $200 (buy-it-now) on eBay. The calipers were modified for quick pad changes and that was noted in the auction. It was the reason I offered them for only $200.

He purchased the calipers without asking any questions and then, after receiving the them from me, left me negative feedback without EVER contacting me, calling them 'junk' and 'unusable'.

I would have offered him an IMMEDIATE refund, but he left me my only negative feedback with no warning whatsoever.

He then sold my 'junk' the following week, on eBay, for over $400. They were sold under a different eBay ID, so no one could see the feedback I left him after the event. He later made the feedback on his 'alternate' eBay account PRIVATE so he could use that account for his shady dealings and still pretend to have 100% positive feedback on his primary account.

My eBay ID is seriesnineracing. His 'shady' account is ghiaparts.

Check it out.

Joe
Dave-O
He is a member here. I think his club ID is 736conver.

He's a great guy. I had a chance to check out his parts stash and came home with a bunch of usefull stuff. Very easy to deal with.

David
Rick_Eberle
I got my euro tail light lenses from him. He won't ship international, but other than that no problems.

Rick
ablose58
I have dealt with him, really nice guy cool_shades.gif
J P Stein
Just make sure you're getting what you need......threaded perches.....not the 3 (5?)clip jobbies. 140 lb springs would be gooder (IMO), but I suspect 180s will allow more roll stiffness to be dialed into your new front sway bar biggrin.gif

Edit:

Went on the bay and saw the stuff. That'll work biggrin.gif
736conver
Yep thats me.
I try to please everone the best I can. I always try to give the best price on new items and most of the time start my used items at 1.00. But I will let my feedback do the talking and fellow memebers.

As for the ghiaparts that was my partner,purchaser, who no longer works with me. Its hard to find good reliable help. I dont even think that id is good anymore on ebay, it hasnt been used for almost a year now.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View...5&since=-1&rd=1
drgchapman
Thanks for all the replies, guys. Just purchased the koni set up from him. Thanks for holding my hand. Gary
736conver
Thanks Gary..The Koni set-up will be there soon. This isnt a one-time deal either if anyone else is interested. Shoot me a PM or email
boxstr
I would have bought new from HPH or Paragon Products.
CCLINSHOCKINGACTION
bernbomb914
I bought new yellows from Brad at hph for a good price and he delivered.

Bernie
Brad Roberts
I *think* we have sold something like 30+ F+R sets so far this year. At one point we couldnt get them anymore. I got to show a few people at the last AutoX exactly how the Koni's work. Totally changed the setup on a car that was tail happy by setting the front shocks to full firm. Car went from oversteering PIG to nailed down driver.

I like them.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.