Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Road trip time
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
echocanyons
So its final Im moving to Corpus Christi Texas. I will be leaving tomorrow or the next day and driving the 914 south to Tucson and east through to Corpus Christi.

I will be going down there to "set up shop" and Ill bring the family down the next month.

Is there anyone here in that general area? How about Wrenches? Clubs I couldnt find a local PCA down there maybe the closest would be San Antonio?

Any advice from the recent road trippers?
Lawrence
Brad is a native Texan... but I think that most of the regular texas 914 crowd hangs out on the 914 Rennlist (Charlie Davis, Yoder, Clay Perrine, etc....) You might want to cross-post over there.

-Rusty
Brad Roberts
The only person you need to know in Corpus... would be the owner of Paragon products (Jason).. he is a hardcore 914 guy much like myself.

B
Lawrence
Is he humble like you are? tongue.gif

-Rusty
Mike D.
When I was in high school some chic was attacked and killed by a shark in Corpus...So...watch out at those beaches.

Hey Brad, I didn't know you were from Texas. So am I, south east side of Houston, on the Bay, town called La Porte.

You know why Texas never fell into the Gulf of Mexico?

Cause Oklahoma SUCKS! he he he - laugh.gif

-Mike D.
Lawrence
When I was in high school some chic was attacked and killed by a shark in Corpus

A 928 attacked and killed a girl? bs.gif
Mike D.
QUOTE(Lawrence @ May 6 2003, 10:48 AM)
When I was in high school some chic was attacked and killed by a shark in Corpus

A 928 attacked and killed a girl? bs.gif

You should have seen the tires... cool_shades.gif
cha914
The PCA down in Corpus holds a monthly open track day at Cabaniss for a whopping 20bucks... http://www.coastalbendpca.org/

and I think the SCCA has a monthly autox out at Cabaniss (saturday run as much as you want and 4 timed runs on sunday) all for 20 bucks...

so there are lots of opportunities to have fun with a 914 down there...and do talk to Jason from Paragon, he has been very helpful every time I talk with him.

HTH,

Tony
Gint
AAA and a cell phone for sure. Are you driving the moving truck or have you contracted out? Hauling any cars?
MJHanna
If you are still in SLC you’re going the long way. Drop down through Price, Moab, go to Cuba, NM., Albuquerque and then down. beer.gif
echocanyons
Jason from Paragon thats good!

I decided I have to much greasy junk to let some movers take it so I will be moving it by truck and haulin one car behind it.

I do have a 356 in mid restoration that is going to have to stay here in SLC for awhile till I can make arrangements to come and get it.

I tried to find the local PCA but I guess I couldnt thats great that they have regular events like that.

I got AAA plus and a Cell phone fuses and three or four 13mm wrenches wink.gif

The only problem I may have is if I have a flat I have no useable jack spurs and no other kind of jack(I think my garage jack weighs as much as the car!) but I gues thats what AAA is for

I have to go south to Tucson to visit a friend so its gonna work out in two trips cuz i plan on stayin in Tucson for a few days.

Thanks for the help so far!
MJHanna
boldblue.gif you can by a small floor jack at kmart, or Walmart for $15 . I used one at the track before I broke down and got an alum one. It will fit in the rear trunk. If you were going the other way I had a list of contacts that could help of you need anything. confused24.gif
echocanyons
Thanks MJ, I kinda wish Icould go the other way just because its more populated and probably less hot!

I'll take a look at the local walmart for a jack
GWN7
Besides an assortment tools, take a spare clutch & gas cable. Roll of duck tape and a good pair of vicegrips. Spare points and coil.

Have fun.
MarkV
Kelly,

If you run into trouble in Tucson look me up. I have plenty of tools and a few spare parts. driving.gif
Gint
If you're towing the car on a tow dolly make sure you have 2 spare wheels/tires for the car. And keep an eye on the car for flats. You won't even realize it when they go. BTDT.
echocanyons
I wish I had the time to get the clutch cable and the throttle cable I hope im not sorry.

I do however have duct tape, tools and a fanbelt which will be of no use unless i get the jack

Thanks for the offer Mark!

As far as the car I will be using a flatbed, I dont trust those car dollys.
echocanyons
Got the WM jack thanks again MJ
I also got a fire extinguisher thanks to the pictures posted of the BBQ'd 914
StratPlayer
Kelly:
Good luck on your trip and I hope all goes well.
echocanyons
thanks!
AZ914
Kelly,

I'm down in Tucson too so if you need anything, let me know!
echocanyons
So I made it down here a while ago but I havent had convenient access to a computer(cuz all my stuff is still in Salt lake city) so I havent chimed in in a while.
as far as the driving trip went I only had small problems like the new starter overheating and not working, other than that I finished off the 1G synchro since i have been here.

I was pretty impressed that it had so few problems.

I still need to get in touch with Jason from Paragon and the other locals.

Glad to be back on board clap56.gif
Brad Roberts
Hey hey.. there he is.

Your email was bouncing.. I was worried like a mother hen....LOL bs.gif

Get settled and come back to the board when you can.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.