Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 oil line to tank
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
I know this has been covered..
maybe I need a lesson in how to run the search feature (I tried again but failed)

anyways,
I thought I had this race car all figured out and just found out from my guru that he doesn't have a source for the fitting I need...

Its the fitting on the end of the oil line. The line that exits the motor and then enters the stock -6 tank.

I am running a front system, so don't care to buy the stock hard line, just to cut this one fitting off....

I suppose I could cut the tank, but would rather not. On the other tank fittings we have cut them from the lines and TIG'd an AN adapter to them. The car is all set up in Stainless lines...

I was theorizing that some early 911's probably took this same size oil line fitting into their tanks and I could buy one of these lines to cut up cheaper than a -6.

anybody know if thats true?
anybody have a better solution?
what did the rest of you do with your stainless lines for a connection?

JP?
Chris C?
anyone?

tia
brant
Brad Roberts
Buy the adapter from Pegasus. They sell an adapter that threads into the block and goes to -12 or -10 (I forget if you can or cant get both)

B
Brad Roberts
Oh.. when you search... make sure you change the date search feature to ALL dates. The default is 30 days back.

B
brant
Thanks in advance Brad,

I've got the adapter that threads into the motor block..

What I need is a method to attatch my return line to the tank input connector

what do you do there sir?
brant
brant
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Sep 20 2004, 04:13 PM)
Oh.. when you search... make sure you change the date search feature to ALL dates. The default is 30 days back.

B

I'm going to have to practice more..
I tried "914/6 oil lines"
and also "914/6 oil fittings"

I caught the date and retried.. but maybe still to specific.
brant
brant
bump...

anybody with a -6 conversion/stock tank/and front oil lines?

I know there are 100 of you out there...
what did you guys do?

Do any of you 911 guys know if the 911 oil line-to-tank connection happens to be the same size fitting?

thanks all
brant
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Sep 20 2004, 07:13 PM)

B

I do....but it still sucks IMHO.
campbellcj
I used the Pegasus Metric-to-AN adapters as mentioned by Brad. Works fine IME.
J P Stein
Ther's a pic of my setup. Got it from Otto's. -12 line to tank fitting.
McMark
Another searching tip. It doesn't work like google. If you type in "tank line" then you'll only find threads that have those two words EXACTLY next to each other. You should type in "tank AND line" in order to find threads that have the words tank and line in them but aren't necessarily next to each other.
914Timo
I used original hard line from engine and cut it just before that 90 degree bend in front of the engine. Then they added that pipe to the oil line. My oli lines are all some teflon line with braided stainles steel cover. It was just my luck the outside diameter of that hard line was ok for that teflon line.
Joe Bob
I have a bunch of oil lines and adpaters....email me...
brant
Mike Z,

Thanks a ton, thats a very kind offer...
and I appologize to everyone for my ignorance and not knowing about the pegasus option...

I think I'm covered though.
my guy came through for me on the fitting..
found a front 911 oil line with the correct fitting and he will TIG a 12AN male to it so that I can just screw a 12AN female to it.

brant
J P Stein
You'll note the big flat washer in the pic. On the stock 6er, that fitting holds the bottom of the tank up against the inner fender
with a big nut. I used my fitting + a washer & rubber washers inside & out to do the same thing........seemed like a good idea
to keep the tank from flopping around. biggrin.gif
brant
JP,

thanks for the tip.
I was noticing how loose the tank was and we were trying to figure out how to secure this....

you exactly solved a problem I hadn't even gotten around to asking about yet..

brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.