Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wind tunnel....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SpecialK
Not necessarily a real wind tunnel, but I seem to remember someone attaching 100's of strings all over their car and driving at various speeds with a chase car video taping the the resultant airflow patterns (hell, maybe I dreamed it blink.gif ). I believe it was on the PP board a few years back. If someone had some extra time on their hands and a buddy with a video camera, I for one would be very interested to see exactly what goes on at various speeds (including "high speed" runs), and different views (front, side, rear), and even "top on" and "topless".

Just a thought. wink.gif
Andyrew
We where going to do that with it in the front trunk to see the effectiveness of the hood, and in the engine compartment, then hook up remote camera's...

We'll do it sometime.

Maybe when I get the car drivable (throttle cable.. grrr)
SpecialK
I think to do a reasonably scientific job of it you'd need to "grid" the car, with strings attached about every 3 to 4 inches. Kind of like a sheepdog float in Macy's parade....okay I don't know where that came from huh.gif
rick 918-S
Ya, I read that one too! there were photo's posed too. Don't remember much more than that.
914Timo
I scanned this pic a long time ago. I dont remember where it was. Maybe old Christophorus confused24.gif

It looks like there is some kind of prototype 914-6 in the pic. Look the engine grille.
SpecialK
Exactly the kind of thing I was thinking about! smilie_pokal.gif Nice find!!

Now, if someone were to make a video... rolleyes.gif

I seriously like the looks of the engine grille....I'll put that idea on the list of things that keeps my '73 hovering over the garage floor! headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.