Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need a new windshield
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LotusJoe
I am in need of a new windshield for my '73. I've called around to local windshield installers and have been quoted $220.00 installed. Does this seen reasonable and any comment on the quality of the glass? confused24.gif

boogie_man
220.00 to 240.00 installed is fair. Make sure they use a good glass like ppg
pilkerton etc.....I have a guy that's good/mobile in the O.C. Area if you need
him.

Scott
LotusJoe
QUOTE(boogie_man @ Mar 15 2012, 03:46 PM) *

220.00 to 240.00 installed is fair. Make sure they use a good glass like ppg
pilkerton etc.....I have a guy that's good/mobile in the O.C. Area if you need
him.

Scott

Thanks Scott, If you could forward that information it would be greatly appreciated.

boogie_man
pm sent
andys
Ruffino is the 914 go-to guy for windshields. I don't have his number handy, but many here have used him.

Andys
Type 47
Wow...somehow I thought they were no longer availible...I think I saw where AA was looking for used ones and just assumed they were out of production.

Glad to know they aren't...I can finaly chop up that rust bucket scavenged parts car I've been saving for the windshield.

BTW: when I had to replace the windsheild on my Z06 the quotes ranged from $1,200-2,000
LotusJoe
Thanks for the input on a windshield. Guy came to the shop this morning and an hour later the car has a new windshield. $220.00 installed with 914Rubber windshield gasket. Very happy with the results. piratenanner.gif Click to view attachment
gothspeed
That is exactly what I need smile.gif!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that 914 rubber still available??? I am next to the OC, PM me this installer's info, please biggrin.gif!!!
LotusJoe
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Mar 16 2012, 02:13 PM) *

That is exactly what I need smile.gif!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that 914 rubber still available??? I am next to the OC, PM me this installer's info, please biggrin.gif!!!

Gasket is available from Mark at 914Rubber for $24.00 The one I had installed has blue tint at the top. Can't really tell in the pictures. PM sent
boogie_man
He can get gaskets too with enough warning. He is very good as we use him
at my shop. For anyone else who needs him it's "Fred's Auto Glass"

714-809-8500..he's mobile and will come to you, tell him Scott from Coastline
Collision sent ya....glad that worked out for you..
larryM
look for a "low price auto glass" store

- often located near pick-n-pull yards

good work - while ya wait - PPG glass - tinted - price as above

jim_hoyland
Call Rufino at L & R Glass. He's done a lot of 914s and does beauutiful work. Over the years, he's R/R mine several times.

714-292-5811

gothspeed
That is great info guys ... thanks for the replies!!! I had thought Mikey was not making/selling that rubber windshield trim anymore ...... fortunately I was mistaken ..... smile.gif
Matt Romanowski
I'm on the East Coast but I'm getting prices of $460 for a new windshield! I hope to find one in the $200 range. Anyone know of someone on the North Shore or NH?
Strudelwagon
200-400.........i wish!
I was quoted $800 just for the glass WTF.gif
Special order from the USA mad.gif
avidfanjpl
RUFINO IS AMAZING!

Rufino did all 3 of my cars.

The 914 windshield on Orangina was 425 from Germany, I bought it then called him, and he charged 100, including all parts.

He did the 914 AX car for Jonathan at GPR in 2011 right before I bought it and finished the car, and it was a cutdown he had Rufino do, and it was 400 complete, or close to it, including the gasketing.

Rufino did my 1987 911 Carrera for 425 installed including new gasket.

In no case did he mess up the trim coming off the 73 914 or the 87 911

Nothing like all new glass on all 3 cars.

I will probably never have to do them again

I hope

John
gothspeed
can someone PM me or post Rufino's contact information? smile.gif
kconway
RJ Auto Glass
1766 S William Miller Drive
Anaheim, CA 92804-6424
Rufino
714-292-5811

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.