Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting Insurance info
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Engman
Well - changed car insurance carriers this last week. Haggerty rocks! - While I was there I asked about coverage on the 74LE which is NOT on my car insurance policy. This is beacause it is on blocks. I was told that my homeowners insurance covers it IF it is on blocks AND the engine is out. Thought I would pass this tidbit along.......

M
Howard
Careful! Unless Haggerty provides your home insurance, call your homeowners company and ask them. In most states all 'motor vehicles' are excluded on home policies.
Engman
Home owners is a different company and my rep did call them to verify the homeowner coverage.

Haggerty is covering the driveable 73. The 74LE is not covered by haggerty and is covered, while it is in resto mode, via my homeowners policy. Doubt any trouble will occour, but it is nice to know that if the house were to burn down it is covered by the homeowners policy. Sorry for any confusion.

M
Howard
Didn't mean to scare you. As long as same agent is handling both policies you're cool. We write a lot of business through Haggerty and they are the best at this. In CA Homeowners coverage does not apply to motorized vehicles, so no resto projects, golf carts, minibikes, dune buggies, etc.
Joe Ricard
My policy said words to the effect of "on jack stands, battery out, wheels off". So when the cool blue teener went in a brilliant fire it was not covered, Battery out engine out. Wheels on and car sittingon ground. alfred.gif
rhodyguy
what's a car with no bat, no engine, and no wheels worth? no matter what the tub is like, i don't think the insurance co would give it much value.
Howard
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 21 2004, 06:59 AM)
what's a car with no bat, no engine, and no wheels worth? no matter what the tub is like, i don't think the insurance co would give it much value.

Well, if it's an RSK....

Point is, these classic car policies are cheap and get cheaper as you add more cars. If it's your pride and joy, insure the damn thing at a stated value. End Rant.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.