Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: blank page engine rebuild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Type 47
My 75' 62k mile 914 is ready to redo...the original 2.0 is going to get the FI put back on, then taken out of the car and put in storage.

I have a 73' 2.0 that I want to build and put in the re-done car: What would you do with the engine build? I'm taking off Webers from the original car...that's a starting point.
Tom_T
Unless you're trying to stay dead stock original 2.0,

IMHO I'd redo it as a 2056 with the EFI & backdate the exhaust to the better breathing 73-74 2.0 type for maybe 110-125 HP;

or for something milder - bump to 8.0:1 Euro P&C for 100 HP & 73-74 exhaust (14+/- more than a stock GC 2L, 5 more than GA)

Both set-up will work with the Djet.

.... of course that's assuming you can do so in your state.
bigkensteele
I am in a somewhat similar boat. My '75 has the stock 1.8 with Ljet and it is painfully slow, even with back-dated exhaust. I also have a 2.0 with Djet that I pulled from my '76 before parting it. I am leaning toward a 2056 running Ljet as an interim engine until I am ready to take the plunge and put a 3.2 in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.