Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: IRAQ
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fiid
mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif

This has nothing to do with IRAQ really. Just thought I'd get your attention.

DRINK OF THE DAY!!!!!

Take a Corona, and drink a shot's worth of it. Pour in a shot of tequila. Push in a quarter of a lime. Put your thumb over the top, tip it upside down for a sec and then right side up, and try to release your thumb without wearing it. Enjoy.

It's good for taking the edge off all those iraq threads....... beerchug.gif

Oh yeah: don't drink and drive.

beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif

givemebeer.gif beer3.gif
Red-Beard
Sounds like a good drink for listening to the news these day. I'll be glad when the election and Hurricane season are over...
tracks914
I bit on it...good one. biggrin.gif agree.gif
SpecialK
Tequila and Beer barf.gif Had one of my most memorable hang-overs from that combo.

I'm guessing that's why Anheuser/Busch isn't selling too much of that "Tequisa" tequila/beer concoction....tastes like ass!
TheCabinetmaker
Corona. Why would you drink a beer that needs a lime to make it drinkable? icon8.gif smoke.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Sep 20 2004, 06:41 PM)
Corona. Why would you drink a beer that needs a lime to make it drinkable? icon8.gif  :toke:

i agree icon8.gif

wait, i mean... i've never had alcohol before unsure.gif lol2.gif
GWN7
I'm guessing that's why Anheuser/Busch isn't selling too much of that "Tequisa" tequila/beer concoction....tastes like ass!

My question is why/how do you know what ass tastes like? biggrin.gif laugh.gif beerchug.gif
SpecialK
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Sep 20 2004, 06:23 PM)

My question is why/how do you know what ass tastes like? biggrin.gif laugh.gif beerchug.gif

Umm...Ahhhh...it was only an assumption on my part.... rolleyes.gif

Anyway....Check this out next time you're in buying beer (or near a beer cooler for you under 21's). Pick up a six of Corona and check out the different levels in the beer bottles, I've seen better than a 1/2" difference in the amount of beer from one bottle to the next....makes you go "Hmmmm" <_<
SLITS
Corona = Caliente Horse Piss

Why dilute perfectly good Tequila with beer. What a waste. finger.gif
MattR
What the hell is wrong with corona? I know you guys dont drink bud... this aint a camaro forum. Whats the beer of choice? Uh oh, I see a poll coming.
Rhodes71/914
QUOTE(MattR @ Sep 20 2004, 07:49 PM)
What the hell is wrong with corona? I know you guys dont drink bud... this aint a camaro forum. Whats the beer of choice? Uh oh, I see a poll coming.

Corona has it's place- on a beach and it's 90.

Real beer has some color, flavor and an alcohol content over 3%.

I'm not particular to any brand, try to get stuff that is local and brew my own.

Matter of fact that sounds good right about now, think I'll have one of those brown ales I brewed last spring.

Cheers beer.gif
SLITS
Coopers 4X Ale - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

and

Corona should be left in Mexico, along with the limes.
SirAndy
QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 20 2004, 09:52 PM)
"All you girlie boys can kiss my............."

i bet you would like that. a lot ....

back to the topic on hand, becks is guud, warsteiner is better, bitburger is the best!

American beer is like having sex in a canoe: it's fucking close to water.

drunk.gif Andy
SLITS
Uh Oh, no longer the picker-oner, I've become the pickee - but from the land of the "twinkie defense", I'll take it in stride. laugh.gif
GWN7
Limes are placed on top of beers to keep the flys out of them. I always get a chuckle when someone jams their lime inside the bottle. wink.gif
Hawktel
Budwizer should be poured back into the horse, and leave the world a better place.

Now, a good combo is Tequila, Salt, and a lime, just the way the Aztecs did it, before carving out the still beating heart of some poor sap.

Don't think the Aztecs had Tequila? You know how many steps the pyramid of the sun had? You going to think a sober man thought that up?
tdgray
Only one Beer I like a lime with.

Red Stripe. Nothing like a Red Stripe with a lime on a hot day by the pool.

Not that we would know anything about hot days up here this summer blink.gif
IanStott
We have good up here, come on up and I'll buy the first one! Your bud isn't that bad. I agree with the Corona comments 100 %, I own a bar and I charge premium price for it cause of the lime, they want to shove down the neck which gets stuck and then they can't get a good mouthful and so on....... When I was in Germany Worsteiner was probably the best beer I had ever tasted but I'm no expert.
SpecialK
I drink Bud Light while working on the car...don't want to get hammered too fast. An add benefit is the frequent trips you'll have to make to the urination station. When it starts looking like two people are "bleeding the brakes" wink.gif , it's time to put down the power tools. drunk.gif
red914
guinness. anything from the deschutes brewery. and on a hot day, san miguel.

and, quite frankly, any german beer i have ever tasted makes the cut.
tod914
brown ales I brewed last spring.

yum yum my favorite! a good sam smith's or newcastle always hits the spot. One of my friends made a brown ale one time. Was excellent, so much smoother than anything you get in stores.
rhodyguy
costco alert!!! in stock!!! hof brau oct fest!!! real deal except not in the 500 mil bottles. PROST!!!

kevin
tdgray
QUOTE(tod914 @ Sep 21 2004, 06:22 AM)
brown ales I brewed last spring.

yum yum my favorite! a good sam smith's or newcastle always hits the spot. One of my friends made a brown ale one time. Was excellent, so much smoother than anything you get in stores.

I too brew my own smilie_pokal.gif

That is the one thing that seems to ring true with all my brewing. No matter what kind it is it just seems smoother that what you get in the stores. Must be less perservatives.

Currently working on a fall ale - wheat with raspberry / black cherry
John Kelly
Beer and coffee should both be too thick to see through and, in the appropriate vessel, be able to double as a welding lens in a pinch.

I have a friend in Iraq...hope he comes back soon...Guiness awaits!

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
Rhodes71/914
This place usually gets me motivated to do something on my 914 who would have thought that it would get me motivated to brew some beer.

Summer is coming to an end (we got snow on the mountains last weekend) so that means time to get out the brewing stuff. I think I will make a nice porter, I like to put a little coffee in it for some added flavor and body. You definitely can't see through it.

I'll let you know how it turns out in about a month.
nebreitling
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 20 2004, 09:03 PM)
back to the topic on hand, becks is guud, warsteiner is better, bitburger is the best!

bitburger??! barf.gif

as far as i can remember (and i defer to you, great German one) that stuff is like the PBR of germany...
fiid
Beer that needs hard alcohol added to it isn't beer IMHO. Corona is well - pretty lame by itself, and in a pinch can be used as a tonic substitute.

Some of my favorite beers:

Full Sail Amber
Brooklyn Brewery Ommegang
Red Hook Ale
Sierra Nevada
Chimay Blue and Red

Perhaps we could figure out say 5-10 frontrunner beers to be entered in a poll?
balljoint
Your bud isn't that bad.

That's because the Bud you get in Canada is brewed here by Molson.

MOOSEHEAD
SirAndy
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Sep 21 2004, 10:13 AM)
as far as i can remember (and i defer to you, great German one) that stuff is like the PBR of germany...

i'd say early alzheimer ... biggrin.gif
it sure is not. it is, however, one of the larger brands with a lot of recognition, but certainly one of the better beers.

if you want cheap, buy "Hansa Pils". a can goes for around 50 cents. rolleyes.gif
we also call it "Punker-Beer" because the punks buy it by the pallet (24 cans) all the time.
in fact, we used to have "1000 Can" parties frequently...

beer3.gif Andy
balljoint
Ever heard of a Radler (sp?) I can't remember if it is a brand or the name of the actual drink. Tasted pretty good on some long hot hikes in Germany many years ago. Low alcohol content, I think it was beer but mixed with something else.
WoMBaT
Not a Corona fan...always thought it smelled like skunk. But I do like mexican ales. My favorite Mexican beer is Negra Modello...an outstanding Dark Mexican Ale.

WoMBaT
SirAndy
QUOTE(balljoint @ Sep 21 2004, 02:51 PM)
Ever heard of a Radler (sp?) I can't remember if it is a brand or the name of the actual drink. Tasted pretty good on some long hot hikes in Germany many years ago. Low alcohol content, I think it was beer but mixed with something else.

Beer & Lemonade ...

quite tasty!
beer3.gif Andy
Neal
When I drank it was Fosters Lager, affectionately know as the 'oil can'
great for skiing in the moguls...

Neal
beer.gif
IanStott
If the poll is unofficially started I nominate Keiths to be in the top ten. I don't think any one beer can truly win top spot as when you are dealing with taste it comes down to personal preference, any of the top ten could be the legitimate # 1. Be happy to buy the first one to any member who comes up this way!

Ian Stott
Moncton,N.B.
Canada
fiid
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 21 2004, 02:52 PM)
QUOTE(balljoint @ Sep 21 2004, 02:51 PM)
Ever heard of a Radler (sp?)  I can't remember if it is a brand or the name of the actual drink.  Tasted pretty good on some long hot hikes in Germany many years ago.  Low alcohol content, I think it was beer but mixed with something else.

Beer & Lemonade ...

quite tasty!
beer3.gif Andy

This is known as "Shandy" in the UK. Great for sitting outside on a warm afternoon. (Also good for not getting drunk).
tod914
Maybe start several poles, then have a final pole being there are several catagories of beer???? Lagers, Pale Ales, Brown Ales, Red Ales, Stouts, Wheat Beer, Pilsners, etc. etc. beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif
Mark Henry
Tried a new beer....Lakeport Honey Lager...not too bad...and it's almost 10 bucks a box (24) cheaper than the name brands...Woo Hoo!!!

Some of us canucks are cheap a-holes wink.gif

drunk.gif
mike_the_man
Here's something I picked up a while ago. If you have some cheap beer, pour an ounce or two of Bacardi Lemon into it. Gives you a nice lemon taste, and effectively doubles or triples the alcohol content of the beer. Drink in moderation, because it goes down fast, and things can get out of control pretty quickly (ask me how I know beer3.gif icon8.gif )

Oh ya, I'm a cheap a-hole. This was something friends and I would do in University to get drunk cheaply and quickly. I have much more refined tastes now. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.