Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stolen car!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mike_the_man
Hi all,

My friends custom built Lotus Super 7 and enclosed trailor were stolen sometime in the last few weeks. I'm posting a link to the original thread on the Saskatoon Car Club. It contains pictures and a description. Please take a second to look at it, and keep your eyes peeled. If it happens to show up on Ebay or some other web site, please send me a PM or email, or call Gord (the owner) at the supplied numbers.

Missing Lotus

I know we're way up here in Saskatchewan, but the more people watching the better.

Thanks everybody,
rick 918-S
Hey, Sorry to hear about your friend! I hate f'en thieves!

Also sorry to say I've never understood the attraction to the Super thing. No styling at all. Less handling. With all the cars in the world why would anyone buy one much less steal one. confused24.gif Sorry, MHO confused24.gif
GWN7
I'll keep an eye out this way and post a link on the local car club site.

There is all ready a post on the local autocross site about it.
GWN7
1000 lbs. 200 hp
bob91403
A car that distinctive has more than likely been dismantled and sold as parts. Probably better to keep on eye on ebay for the car being sold off one piece at a time. Hard to believe anyone would try to sell the whole thing. Post a picture of the trailer. You'll probably have a better chance of finding the thief. It's not like he's going to part the trailer out.
bob91403
You could also give us some more info. Engine size and number. Parts description. The more specs. the better.
J P Stein
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 20 2004, 08:16 PM)
. No styling at all. Less handling.

You gotta be shittin' me. They ain't pretty...like 914 guys have a lock on beauty..... but not handle? Have you been locked in a room for 40 years? laugh.gif
GWN7
Details and here's another picture of the car & trailer...

Details:
-Trailer says "Regina Wheel Works" on it
- Honda 919 fireblade engine
- sequential 6-spd transmission
- direct port nitrous
- adj. coil overs
- fully aeroquipped
- cockpit adj. braking
- 3 pce wheels/hoosiers
- alloy fuel cell
- all stainless or grade 8 fasteners
- 4 wheel disc
- approx 200hp / 1000lbs
Jeroen
Sorry to hear about the theft
Those cars are sure fun to drive

Sorta off topic:
It is kinda weird to see your friend added a front wing/spoiler, but still has the big ass sidewings/fenders on the car blink.gif
Those create lift like a MOFO (everybody in the S7 world knows that)

If he ever recovers the car (which I truely hope), tell him to get some cycle wings for the front wheels...
GWN7
The sad reality is that the trailer was probably stolen for it's self. Or the thiefs thought it contained wheels. The car was probably dumped somewhere and the trailer (with new paint) is hauling chickens or cows around now.
sad.gif
mike_the_man
Thanks for posting the pics and description Bruce. He built the car entirely himself from molds he had from a real one. It's a pretty amazing car, super fast and super light. Almost all of the panels are carbon fiber, and I think the thing is pretty damn awesome. Whether you like the looks are not, you have to appreciate all of the hard work that went into building it, and I'm sure everybody understands what the car is worth to him.
Howard
QUOTE(bob91403 @ Sep 20 2004, 11:38 PM)
A car that distinctive has more than likely been dismantled and sold as parts. Probably better to keep on eye on ebay for the car being sold off one piece at a time. Hard to believe anyone would try to sell the whole thing. Post a picture of the trailer. You'll probably have a better chance of finding the thief. It's not like he's going to part the trailer out.

agree.gif

Kinda like stealing a car and finding a baby in the back seat. Bet they were after the trailer, that car is pretty unsaleable unless exported out of North America.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.