Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PM Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
When I get a private message, the only indications that I get are "1 new messages" near the top of the screen and the email that alerts me that I've got a new message. My son Mike mentioned to me that on his PC it pops up a little window when he gets a PM. I've looked all over the controls to see if there is an option for this, but I can't find one. He's running IE and I'm running Mozilla (with the pop-up blocker turned on) so perhaps that's what is going on.

Is it my choice of browser or is it a setting that I've missed? I don't get a lot of PMs, but the pop-up would be a nice way to know that I've got one.
Gint
Both. There is a Mozilla feature to allow popups from certain sites. You need to look into that first and make sure you are aloowing www.914world.com to do popups.

I'll try to find the board setting for ya also.
Gint
Board settinghs for PM popups:

My Controls link at the top;
Options sub-menu -> Board Settings link;
Dialog box with yes/no that says:
Do you wish to get a pop up notification when you get a new private message?
ThinAir
Thanks Gint! Gee... I stared right at that setting and never saw it! I'll blame it on it being Monday after not getting the weekend off from work. My brain is tired. I set Mozilla too so hopefully it will work now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.