Full Version: Custom 914 Center Caps
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lawrence
Here's my new tech article!

Custom Center Caps

-Rusty
SirAndy
good job! that's a great idea. aktion035.gif

PS: wondering why some stuff from other porsches is so much cheaper.
like 924/944. got some goodies from those models new for a price less than USED items for 914s/911s ...
Lawrence
Thanks, Andy.

The 924 caps are made of a strong plastic. They don't seem to scratch or chip easily. Besides, they're cheap - about 6 or 7 bucks a piece, last time I checked.

-Rusty
anthony
Another way to get emblems on your 914 center caps is do like the previous owner did to my car:

Pic of my wheel

My understanding is that they are 356 emblems. The other nice thing is that they cover up all the dents that the center caps usually have.
Mueller
Looks good L,

You need a better close up shoot of the installed cap, other than that...... clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif

Mike
Lawrence
Hi Mike... and thank you.

I know I need a better close up. Most of these pics were taken a while ago, on a lame camera.

I never got a clean picture of the finished product. The cap is black with a raised black crest, so it didn't photograph well. I'm looking on the net for a clear picture of the cap.

-Rusty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.