Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Canepa Design 914/6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bulitt
Loving the front control arms on this car. Plus everything else! Don't know if this is a new offering or been around awhile?

914/6

1973-914-2L
I am pretty new here (usually at sesame street with B Bird) .. but that car deserves to be seen again and again ... don't remember when I saw it there but its nice ... went three times in 2011 and every time there is so much to see the visits blend ...

Great place .. Bruce's guys do fine work .....

Steve
Cracker
I can hear the purists now...ruining a 914 with all those changes. I like it but far from the most thought out from a build stand point. It's kind of like they are trying to have their cake and eat it too kind of thing. I am impressed with Canepa's attention to detail from a quality perspective...at the same time a little surprised a couple things weren't corrected prior to snapping pictures.
stuttgart46
That is a great looking car. Not crazy about the seats but I'll take everything else as is.
ConeDodger
For those who don't want to autocross on Saturday at this years WCR, a tour of Canepa's shop is on the menu... biggrin.gif
JmuRiz
I HATE the seats, and not a fan of the louvers, but other than that it's pretty cool.

I really like the forward mounted oil cooler outside the front trunk!

The control arms remind me of the new ones that Elephant Racing has.
Randal
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 16 2012, 06:18 AM) *

For those who don't want to autocross on Saturday at this years WCR, a tour of Canepa's shop is on the menu... biggrin.gif

Miss the WCR autocross on Saturday at this years WCR?

abnrdo
I find this car interesting. Although not for everyone, someone may get ideas from this build. The car looks very very clean. Way cool!
BuddyV
I am actually impressed at the overall design..... although the door panels and upholstery are not for everyone, what is for everyone???

The design seems thorough, clean and still quite 914 from first glance.... which makes it a hit for me.

At first I thought it was a typical flare build.... but the details are tasteful from a non-stock point of view.

Glad to see ANYONE doing a high-cost build to our little gems...... if nothing else, it shows worthiness in the basic car.

Bravo!
Gustl
this car has front exhaust pipes ...? blink.gif confused24.gif

w00t.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif laugh.gif
MDG
QUOTE(Gustl @ Mar 16 2012, 02:27 PM) *

this car has front exhaust pipes ...? blink.gif confused24.gif

Ahhh . . those are machine guns Wolfgang.
biosurfer1
QUOTE(Randal @ Mar 16 2012, 07:03 AM) *

Miss the WCR autocross on Saturday at this years WCR?

Its not a "WCR" autocross, its an autocross that happens to be on the same weekend so we joined up to give WCR attendants an option.
Britain Smith
Those front control arms are just the ERP units and have been widely used on 914 dedicated race cars. I am not sure I would recommend for street use, but I have heard they provide a good benefit for suspension geometry.

-Britain
type47
I Love 914's. I LOVE 914-6 GT's. But anyone who pays over 100 grand to build a car or restore a car or but a car IMO is just foolish.
Larouex
I thought the Coil-Over would beat the shit of our cars. I don't see any seam welds or strengthening in the front suspension mounts, etc. Is this not true?

Larouex
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 16 2012, 05:18 AM) *

I've been there with the PCA a couple times. Well worth the visit. I really like the work they do with 959's. 650hp, California smog and street legal. Bad ass! They had 6 or 7, 959's in the shop getting DOT certs while I was there.
brp986s
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Mar 16 2012, 02:39 PM) *

Those front control arms are just the ERP units and have been widely used on 914 dedicated race cars. I am not sure I would recommend for street use, but I have heard they provide a good benefit for suspension geometry.

-Britain

Yeah, no one seems to use them, but why? Expensive? Joints not sealed? Noisey? Durability?
Britain Smith
QUOTE(brp986s @ Mar 17 2012, 09:01 AM) *

QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Mar 16 2012, 02:39 PM) *

-Britain

Yeah, no one seems to use them, but why? Expensive? Joints not sealed? Noisey? Durability?

They are intended for track use where regular maintenance is performed. There is nothing to say they can't be used on the street, 911 guys use them more frequently....the set-up is not exactly cheap, around $3K IIRC.

-Britain
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.