Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You know what sucks - when you are your own DAPO...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Was finishing up wiring the conversion last night. I forgot how many things were added and removed from my car since I bough it in 1992 - and how I just made things work verses doing it right. My fuse box is untouched thankfully. But wires I ran 20 years ago are a wreck. Dont get me wrong, they are solid connections and still work great, but you could tell the difference in available funds and time. Instead of going out and buying nice new spools of new wire, I just used what I had in the garage. If it came up a bit short - no worries - just add some length. Who cares if it was a totally DIFFERENT color wire!! I will absolutely be able to remember what goes to what - 20 years later..... headbang.gif

My car did not come with factory fogs, it had a fan on the old oil cooler, the temp wire was added and run directly to the gauge after putting in the last 2 liter, the after market air horn (my factory horn was missing when I bought the car), the electric washer pump/switch, the gas gauge was moved to the dash - ALL of these items had wires where the starting color was different than the ending color!!

Sheesh. I need another night to finish up cleaning my own old cr@p.

Signed:
Dumb Ass CURRENT Owner

beerchug.gif
TravisNeff
I generally avoid looking in the mirror after working on my car, lol!
slothness
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Mar 16 2012, 10:53 AM) *

I generally avoid looking in the mirror after working on my car, lol!

av-943.gif So true
gandalf_025
I can't blame a previous owner for anything..
The stupidest thing I can pin on him was trading the car as the
Factory Warranty was about to expire.
He didn't know a screwdriver from a lug wrench and never touched the car himself.
Anything he needed or wanted was done by the Dealership.
I have nobody but myself to blame for my car as it sits.

An unpleasant reality
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.