Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dan, Sean
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Doug Leggins
Just curious if you guys are going to have your cars on the road for the event?

I've had to do more work to the 72 than I had planned. I neglected it too long and it needed some attention. But...I think that it will be roadworthy for the event. It is getting to be in fairly rough shape but she's still a blast to drive.

Dan - Did you get your carbs together?
seanery
I'm not feeling too optimistic at this point.

I've got the front 5 lug done, new calipers arrived, waiting for hardware from GRP to put them back together.
Rears are apart, need to clean the trailing arm and insert bearings and hubs then rotors, new pads in calipers and speed bleeders then the rears are done.
Waiting on some sway bar bushings and the rear bar will be done.
Need to grow some balls and take the tank out and put the front bar in.

THEN...I still have the engine to deal with...I'm really nervous about doing it now. I know, I'm a chicken. I finally have all the parts, except the heads which are at EBS. I am missing the seals, compounds and what not to seal and adhere the pieces together correctly.

Trans...I hope I have all the pieces for the conversion...need to send the shifter back to James to convert it to side shift as well.

Door handles don't work now either, Dave from GRP is sending along some repair kits with the bushings for the rear bar.

I'm afraid I may not make it. ohmy.gif
GaroldShaffer
Yikes!

And here I am wondering if I should bother waxing mine or not since the paint looks like crap.
Pnambic
Dang Sean, You're really tearing that baby apart, aintcha? What are you going to do with the blue one once you have whitey all tricked out?

I haven't been able to even gaze at mine for a month. I'm going up this weekend. Don't know how much time I'll get to spend with it though. Had some unexpected expenses with the good ol' Buick this week, so my wife won't be happy about spending any more money than is absolutely necessary right now.

Plus I'm picking up a parts hauler....a carbed GMC Safari with the 4.3L V6. It oughta be able to carry/tow anything I need. Its got an electrical gremlin, so I'm getting it dirt cheap, but I'm sure I can track that one down. It also has a coupla little things that need fixin, like re-adhering the headliner, replacing the rear door handle, etc.

You ever get a trailer Sean?

Carbs are together ( I bought that Weber bible from CBPerformance) but I still don't have a real cross bar linkage yet.

I'd give myself a 50/50 chance of having it ready, but I'm commonly a little too optimistic.... confused24.gif
GaroldShaffer
Maybe you guys could make some cardboard cutouts of a 914 and stick them to the sides of Sean's truck. laugh.gif

Seriously, I wish I had the skills to help you guys, at this point all I can do is change tires & oil. My car ran like crap after my first AX run saturday, but I fixed it all on my own, a vacum hose came off.

When you guys get your cars together we need to get together have some chowtime.gif & beer3.gif and go for a drive before FFC05 smile.gif
Doug Leggins
Maybe you guys could make some cardboard cutouts of a 914 and stick them to the sides of Sean's truck.  

ROTFLMAO!

Hey if you need a part that will get you on the road - let me know. I probably have a spare.

If a linkage set up will get you on the road, I can pull the set up off of my uninstalled engine and let you use it. If more than that is needed I can certainly understand. One step forward 2 steps back sometimes. And a task seems to always be able to find a way to consume 3 or 4 times the amount of hours that were initially estimated. BTDT and still doing it frequently.
seanery
consume 3 or 4 times the amount of hours that were initially estimated

Amen brother!
I musta cooked a caliper at the track cause it wouldn't go back in...it's been over a week now and that parts not done. Also damn dust caps don't want to go on the new rotors.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.