Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 9 x 16 Fuchs with flares and 245 rubber
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914dave
If you're running flares with standard offset 9 x 16s with 245 rubber. What issues did you encounter? Need spacers? Too much outboard offset? Your info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Dave
drgchapman
I'm using that wet up with no issues with factory flares.
You should be good to go.
siverson
Yup, me too. No problems. Of course it's always best to have the correct wheels/tires on the car when you fit the flares because they are all a little different...

-Steve
larryM
8x16 BBS ET-11 on rear with 245-45's - 21mm spacers

- oem Long Studs protrude 55mm beyond the hub flange

rick 918-S
There are some fresh posts on that subject here. 1/4" Spacer on the rear of mine.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=171405&hl=
Speedster Mike
I'm running 16x9s in the rear with a 1/4" spacer.....with flairs!...no problems!
914dave
Ok guys, thanks for the info. The reason for the question is that I'm having a set of 17" diameter Fuchs centered wheels made for the car. I was going to add a little backspacing if nessecary. This way I can shim the wheel to exactly where I want it. Mike , I see your running 1/4" spacers already with the stock offset. I think I'll add 1/2" backspace for good measure.

Assuming you guys are running 8's on the front. Are any of you running shims on the front to space them out? Or is the stock 8" Fuch offset pretty good? I'm leaning toward stock to keep the scrub radius to a minimum.

Dave
John
QUOTE(Speedster Mike @ Mar 16 2012, 08:50 PM) *

I'm running 16x9s in the rear with a 1/4" spacer.....with flairs!...no problems!

Nice looking car!

We also run 9x16 wheels with 245/45 r16 on the track car forever with no issues. 1/2" spacer in the rear and none in the front (930 complete front suspension). Factory Flares.

In our case, the flares were originally installed with 7" front fake fuchs front and 8" fake fuchs rear. (That's what was published back in the day (1983-1984)). When we started tracking the car we went with 9x16 fake fuchs (Performance Products) so we could rotate wheels/tires. That was 20+ years ago.

Lately 245/45 R16 tires seem to be disappearing. We may have to go 17 or 18 in the near future.....
racerbvd
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.