Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Schnieder's Rear "PORSCHE" Reflector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
silver six
In the current Excellence Marty Schnieder (if I remember his name correctly) dropped in a flat-fan, intercooled twin turbo 3.2 in his 914-6. In the photograph of the rear of the car, Schnieder appears to have installed a pretty cool rear reflector. This one has the "PORSCHE" letters somewhat ghosty like those holograms you get in Cracker Jack boxes. Looks pretty cool I think. Also, it's hard to tell because of the angle that the photo was taken, but it looks like the reflector fits a little better (a little fuller at the top and bottom) than the typical rear reflector with the solid black "PORSCHE" letters.

So the question is: Where does this reflector come from and how do I get one? On a related note, I've been looking off and on, for a nice reflector for a while and I can never find one at a reasonable price. Any advice?

Douglas
SirAndy
QUOTE(silver six @ May 6 2003, 10:39 AM)
On a related note, I've been looking off and on, for a nice reflector for a while and I can never find one at a reasonable price. Any advice?

i probably have one for sale pretty soon. sad.gif
brad's kicking my butt to NOT put it back on, now that my car is all new and shiny.

my reflector is the real thing, not some aftermarket crap.
a original 911 reflector that is cut to fit the 914 ...
could use some cleaning tho wink.gif

here's a (old) pic:

IPB Image
bhfast
I've got one if you want one. $100+s&h
bh
Jeff Krieger
One of these reflectors was included with my 914 when I bought it a few years ago. The first thing that I did after I bought my car was to pull those negative P-O-R-S-C-H-E stripes off the sides of my car and the second thing I did was to sell the reflector.
Jeroen
Porsche changed the rear reflector of the 911 in '87 from black lettering to the tranparent lettering you are refering to

Actually, I think reflectors with black lettering are NLA

cheers,

Jeroen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.