Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stripping Glue from Floor boards
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Irish914
Im working on stripping all the glue/resin from the floor board on my 72 914 1.7 but its easier said then done. Is there some sort of trick to stripping the glue/resin out thats easier.Right now im using a combo of a electric scrapper and propane torch but its still taking a lot of effort to get it up. is there some sort of chemical i can get that can soften up the glue and make this process easier? smash.gif
JimN73
I used an electric paint stripper (Heavy duty hair dryer) to get it warm. It separated from the floor in good sized chunks. Then a putty knife to pry/lift the pieces up.

Don't get it so hot that it starts to melt or run
snakemain
Yep. Just used a heat gun and it scraped right off. Needs a little bit of manual labor to get it clean clean, but heat gun & putty knife will take off most of it.
wingnut86
Napalm evilgrin.gif
matthepcat
Heat gun (not hair dryer) & wood chisels worked for me. It was still hours of labor though.
elwood-914
Industrial heat gun. Didn't take long at all.
OU8AVW
I let my 15 year old son do it biggrin.gif
No trouble for me at all!
mepstein
QUOTE(OU8AVW @ Mar 17 2012, 09:40 PM) *

I let my 15 year old son do it biggrin.gif
No trouble for me at all!

idea.gif
bandjoey
HF Multitool. 15 minutes you're done..no gooie mess. biggrin.gif
Loser_Cruiser
It sounds like you are describing the tar floor mats. If so, I used crushed dry ice and light blows from a rubber hammer most came off pretty easily. The remaining got scrapper and heat gun treatment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.