Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who else is doing the VR6 conversion???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
I've been calling Brad and harrasing him about my Kennedy Engineering parts to adapt the 914 transmission to my VR6......

he mentioned that someone else has ordered the same adapter plate and flywheel?!?!?!?

this is good and bad...good to see someone else doing this, bad in that they will probebly beat me in getting the conversion up and running since i take so damn long to get anything done sad.gif smash.gif
lapuwali
Didn't Alfred on the Bird board mention he was doing this, too? Maybe he wasn't just talking trash for once.
bernbomb914
there was a audi v6 on ebay with a 6 spd trans that didnt make its reserve at $1600. It was low mileage also several v8 2004 engines for a audi. Dont know if it would work but that 6 speed would go like hell.

Bernie
Mueller
I asked Alfred, he said it was not him....from what he mentioned, he will not take ownership of the motor for a few months and has not purchased any conversion parts.

Bernie,

I thought about going that route, there is someone doing the same basic thing, but with a 1.8 turbo motor and audi transmission....
neo914-6
Mike,

Wasn't there a modern tranny that you could use? Are you going to run A/C?

I was pleasantly surprised KEP will do custom work. They can modify my Jaide flywheel for their pp so I can use my existing adapter and Chebby starter...

Felix
Brad Roberts
The Audi engine *should* bolt to a Boxster tranny without mods.....

B
soloracer
Mike: It could be that someone is putting a VR6 into a sandrail or kit car. You could still be the only 914 with a VR6 - now just get to it!! smash.gif

I know how you feel though. On the RX7 forums lately there have been a couple of inquiries into putting a 20B (three rotor twin turbo) motor into a 914. I gave them some advice and then told them to "back off - that's my idea" laugh.gif I know that if we kept in touch we could share install info which would be good but I would lose the "unique" factor.
boxsterfan
Soloracer....did you go to school at Northeast Missouri State University? (if the avatar is a pic of you, you look familiar).

Sorry to steal thread...
andys
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Sep 21 2004, 11:04 PM)
The Audi engine *should* bolt to a Boxster tranny without mods.....

B

Brad,

AFAIK, this *may* be the case. I think it would have to be the early 5 speed Boxster, as I suspect it uses the Audi/Getrag model 012 transaxle, same as on the 5 speed front drive Audi's. Need to confirm, however.

Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.