Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Restoration near Completion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tiim5
The restoration of my 73' 1.7 is nearing completion! Mark De Bernardi of this board has expertly repaired the rust, hell hole and trunk, and his partner Brandon will be painting the car its original Zambezi this week. Attached are photos of its current prepaint condition. Check out the details of the project at http://www.914world.com/members/markd/davi...a4/davila4.html I am very grateful to club vendors whose products I have purchased in putting my car back together.
This car sat outside for 12 years, the work included removing all the po's paint, three or four paint jobs! When the paint is dry it will get all new seals, powder coated rockers, grills and valences, and new brakes, clutch, cables and other mechanical work by Mark. I hope to drive it to the October breakfast.
Engine upgrade to follow, after riding in Mark's 2056 he built, loads of torque! Can't wait for him to build me one. I'll post pics of the new paint soon.
tiim5
another pic
tiim5
another pic
Brad Roberts
Took a minute.. I think this is Ed's car ??

B
tiim5
doors ready for paint
Brad Roberts
Cool. I recognize all those shades..

B
tiim5
Right Brad, it looks very different from when you last saw it. I can't wait to get it on the road to test the Tarret bar and Bilsteins you installed!
rick 918-S
Great color! Zambezi rules! rocking nana.gif
McMark
Ed's car is going to be awesome. There were SIX paint jobs on this car.

1. Original Zambezi
2. Repaint Zambezi
3. Copper Metallic
4. Copper Metallic again
5. Silver
6. Yellow

I think that's some sort of record! biggrin.gif All that paint finally started just flaking off down to bare metal. It was pretty crazy. Most of the exterior was brought down to clean metal and painted from there. I'm going to do everything I can to make it ready for the October breakfast. As soon as the paint is done, it's go time. smash.gif
Jeroen
pics of a good resto always give me warm fuzzy feelings biggrin.gif
great job!
Bleyseng
Instead of lookin at someone else's progress Jeroen, show us some pics of yours! Its gonna be too cold soon to work on your car.

Cool shots here of the resto!
Love that Zambezi color!

Geoff monkeydance.gif
Jeroen
No progress to report lately...

I've got a shit load of work on my desk, that all needed to be finished last week
I spend about 2 or 3 hours at home a day (awake)

And we completely repainted the livingroom over the weekend (prepping the house to sell it)

So, right now I'm wacko.gif

Still, there's some good news...
The car will be send to the bodyshop to fix the longs real soon now boldblue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.